Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Heavy Rain Event 7/27-29

ChescoWx

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Iceman said:

once I saw the models yesterday I knew it was game over for North of Philly. pretty surprised how awful it actually was though. I doubt I even got a quarter inch here, there's still dry spots under the cars lol. 

Even Philly (myself as well, not that far N) got/will get screwed. Radar doesn't look promising as well. Balt and DC are doing alright though....congrats.

now.jpg

49 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Even Philly (myself as well, not that far N) got/will get screwed. Radar doesn't look promising as well. Balt and DC are doing alright though....congrats.

now.jpg

I was looking at the precipitation reports down there this morning and parts of Montgomery County, MD got 4"+ not including this next round that is moving through now.

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

I was looking at the precipitation reports down there this morning and parts of Montgomery County, MD got 4"+ not including this next round that is moving through now.

Damn....they made out. I'm just looking for some wrap around to fly though here. A quarter/half inch would be fine.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well the sun has been popping in and out. Seeing blue skies & partly cloudy to the north and mostly cloudy to the south. Temp is 75 & barring any sneaky sprinkles, will probably finish up with the 0.14". The precip is wrapping around south of us.

07292017-nexrad-anim.gif

17 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well the sun has been popping in and out. Seeing blue skies & partly cloudy to the north and mostly cloudy to the south. Temp is 75 & barring any sneaky sprinkles, will probably finish up with the 0.14". The precip is wrapping around south of us.

07292017-nexrad-anim.gif

Same here....sun is out. Hell, may cut the back lawn...who knows? What a bust....

46 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Really good crystal clear air mass out there, feels like one that's 4 or 5 weeks ahead of schedule.

Believe it or not, it's already down to 59 here in Tamaqua. I'm guessing low 50s by tomorrow morning with perhaps some upper 40s in some of our colder valleys.

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Believe it or not, it's already down to 59 here in Tamaqua. I'm guessing low 50s by tomorrow morning with perhaps some upper 40s in some of our colder valleys.

62.8F with a forecast low of 54F and believe it or not a slightly colder air mass arrives next weekend!

8 hours ago, RedSky said:

62.8F with a forecast low of 54F and believe it or not a slightly colder air mass arrives next weekend!

Wow!

As for last night, only dropped 4 more for a low of 55. So I was off in my guesstimate last night. With the crystal clear skies, I thought we'd get a bit more radiational cooling. If next weekends air mass is slightly cooler, then flirting with 50 might just happen.

Archived