• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
3/3 Arctic Front Snow Squall/Showers Discussion/OBS Thread

bluewave

Ate dinner tonight at Steakhouse 85 in New Brunswick and completely missed what must've been a decent snow squall, as there was a dusting on the ground when we walked outside around 9 pm.  Slightly more than a dusting on the ground 6 miles NE of there in Metuchen, where I live - 1/4" of fluff on the ground.  Wish I had seen it.  

21 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Ate dinner tonight at Steakhouse 85 in New Brunswick and completely missed what must've been a decent snow squall, as there was a dusting on the ground when we walked outside around 9 pm.  Slightly more than a dusting on the ground 6 miles NE of there in Metuchen, where I live - 1/4" of fluff on the ground.  Wish I had seen it.  

It was decent but not worth missing a good steak for

13 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It was decent but not worth missing a good steak for

For a very short time (about 5 minutes) it looked like a blizzard out there. Heavy snow blowing sideways with very low visibility. I would miss a steak to see it, since we don't get real snow squalls around here very often. lol

42 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

For a very short time (about 5 minutes) it looked like a blizzard out there. Heavy snow blowing sideways with very low visibility. I would miss a steak to see it, since we don't get real snow squalls around here very often. lol

I had one like that back in December I think it was.  Classic lake effect squall.  Produced amazing rates for a brief time, pretty cool stuff.  

Saw about 3 flakes tonight lol.

18 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

I blame my wife, lol - she reserved a "quiet table" in the back, with no view out the windows (one of the only tables in the place without a view).  Did have a damn good steak there, as usual, after the classic colossal shrimp cocktail app.  

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

I blame my wife, lol - she reserved a "quiet table" in the back, with no view out the windows (one of the only tables in the place without a view).  Did have a damn good steak there, as usual, after the classic colossal shrimp cocktail app.  

Next time demand a window table, if there's a snow shower threat. LOL

Archived