Newest Member
    joxey
WxChallenge 2016-2017

Mallow

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

87/78/21/0.45

Similar air masses every day here so didn't see a reason to stray on the temperatures. Decided to take a risk they could mix over 20 kts during a thundershower. We'll see. Went aggressive with the precip as it seemed maybe some moisture from Matthew would be drawn into the area.

Had a horrible day 6 and 7. Went with 88/81/18/0.18 for day 8, but don't really care. I knew ahead of time, and I still know, that forecasting for a city like Key West (or any city where convective precipitation is important) in the WxChallenge style is a fool's job.

Just another notch in the "WxChallenge needs to change their precipitation rules" belt.

22 minutes ago, Mallow said:

Had a horrible day 6 and 7. Went with 88/81/18/0.18 for day 8, but don't really care. I knew ahead of time, and I still know, that forecasting for a city like Key West (or any city where convective precipitation is important) in the WxChallenge style is a fool's job.

Just another notch in the "WxChallenge needs to change their precipitation rules" belt.

Harrisburg next, should be right up your alley!

67/38/5/0

Im a little iffy on the nighttime low clear conditions no wind, nice radiational cooling could tend to go lower one thing holding me back is the dp may start to rise a little allowing for a higher nighttime low then models show. One thing that is big indicator for the forecast here is it has been pretty dry not only around here but also as you go further north, as many here probably already know. This will allow for somewhat different conditions from what models may show, large diurnal swing expected with the area of high pressure overhead and sliding east.

Archived