• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Am noticing a gradual warming in the American MOS products.  The NAM is up over 90 all three day, now through Sunday at places like FIT, BED, ASH/MHT and HFD, while the GFS appears suspiciously cool biased in that particular technology (we'll see).

Unless something bizarre takes place before midnight ... highs on DAY 1 of this possible heat wave will be:

BOS: 97

LWM: 97

BED: 95

HFD: 95

BAF: 94

FIT: 93

ASH: 93 (interesting ... as this site is typically the hot spot in this sort of regime)

MHT: 93

PVD: 92

If anyone wants to add other sites, I figured these above gives a clear picture for this sub-forum

I'll toss up the highs at those sites for today, later on ..but, most recent MOS trends are to hold temps to the mid to upper 80s tomorrow; obviously if that is so that would close the book on getting it down for this interval.  We'll see...

49 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'll toss up the highs at those sites for today, later on ..but, most recent MOS trends are to hold temps to the mid to upper 80s tomorrow; obviously if that is so that would close the book on getting it down for this interval.  We'll see...

I'm glad we don't live there.

The progged mid-80's today, low 80's tomorrow are hot enough.  Yesterday's humid 84* was gross.

Regardless, it will be a warm one already--70* at 10:00.

19 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Unless something bizarre takes place before midnight ... highs on DAY 1 of this possible heat wave will be:

BOS: 97 96

LWM: 97 96

BED: 95

HFD: 95

BAF: 94

FIT: 93 94

ASH: 93

MHT: 93

PVD: 92 93

If anyone wants to add other sites, I figured these above gives a clear picture for this sub-forum

Some minor corrections there from the 5z max temps. PYM hit 96 too.

57 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Some minor corrections there from the 5z max temps. PYM hit 96 too.

I was using that NWS Enhanced Data Display product they offer now as their own OBs source.  heh, I've never seen if fall out of sync with their climate page like that - course, I haven't been diligent about checking exactly either.  

Anyway, quick update, if that EDD page isn't proven in error again...  at least FIT, BED, BOS, HFD, LWM, PVD, and ASH have met our surpassed 90 today.  

again, MOS says we fall short tomorrow so it may be unlikely that a heat wave is officiated. 

Archived