Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Atlantic Tropical Discussion:Atlantic Looks Active North of 20N

bluewave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

a further east and then north track could give us some rains next week if it doesnt get kicked out to sea.

Our best chance of rain from 99L is if the ridge holds stronger and landfall ultimately occurs in LA or further West. The models have been fairly consistent in showing a trough dipping down into SE Canada kicking whatever ends up near the Carolina coast OTS.

21 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Our best chance of rain from 99L is if the ridge holds stronger and landfall ultimately occurs in LA or further West. The models have been fairly consistent in showing a trough dipping down into SE Canada kicking whatever ends up near the Carolina coast OTS.

Agree.   As long as the storm remains weak, I could see the further south path working out (which then leads to the westward track down the road)  Also if that ends up being the case, the eventual storm could be stronger as it will have more open Gulf to work with.

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Agree.   As long as the storm remains weak, I could see the further south path working out (which then leads to the westward track down the road)  Also if that ends up being the case, the eventual storm could be stronger as it will have more open Gulf to work with.

The current 12z GFS run is the most organized 99L has looked in days. It actually has a closed off low pressure system approaching the FL big bend middle of next week.

Just now, Brian5671 said:

guess it's back to normal then, it hasnt met a storm that it doesnt want to blow up

My favorite part the most current run is days 5-10 when it takes an area of thunderstorms northward from the Eastern Gulf over Florida and then off the GA coast where it develops into a hurricane backing into the Carolina's day 10 lol

Archived