joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

TARHEELPROGRAMMER

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18z GEFS had a member with over a foot in the CAE area.  You guys are trying to take that/this seriously?   I know everyone wants Winter weather, but I'm not going with even a slight chance.. especially down this way until the Euro/EPS show something.  Best wishes to you guys in parts of NC N. GA.

Yep, that's a cutter.... However, GSP is not biting. They are siding with the GFS. Cold and suppressed. Guess we look at today's runs and see if there is any agreement.

It's not really a cutter from what I can tell... It just seems to keep sliding ESE the turn up the coast. Pretty much the same thing it's shown for the last few runs.

Oh, and the 06z GFS continues to show tye storm as suppressed. Pick your poison, I guess. Maybe they can meet up and make a compromise.:. But that's just wishful thinking.

Edit: Here's the snowfall maps from the Euro, per DT: (right snowfall map)

post-13288-0-18390300-1456658473_thumb.j

Looks like any shift south would give th NC/VA border counties some snow... Shift it further south, and RDU north would be in business. I know it's not exactly likely, but it's still a good possibility. This looks like the last chance of the season, so hopefully it works out.

Archived