• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Problems posting images

nj2va

I've been trying to post images after uploading them to Imgur but when I use the "Image" link to copy/paste the Imgur link, I get the "?" icon in Safari and when I click post, the following error comes up, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

I've been trying to post images after uploading them to Imgur but when I use the "Image" link to copy/paste the Imgur link, I get the "?" icon in Safari and when I click post, the following error comes up, "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

It told you.  Wrong image extension.  .jpg always works.   I don't think .png does.  I believe I tried a few times to post a .png with the same results you are having.

• 1 month later...

I've been having this same problem for years now and nothing works, the fix stated above doesn't show the image within the post just the links to it. I get that error message for all those extensions listed when using the tags and image button.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45143-lol-jeb-is-running/#entry4004032

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I went to attach an image and the message I recieved indicated I had exceeded my limit. Went to my profile and viewed my attachments...holy shiit there is a ton of stuff there that is not mine. I deleted some of it before I realized...I was like wtf? Anyway please look into this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I went to attach an image and the message I recieved indicated I had exceeded my limit. Went to my profile and viewed my attachments...holy shiit there is a ton of stuff there that is not mine. I deleted some of it before I realized...I was like wtf? Anyway please look into this. Thanks.

Just checked my attachments, which I never use.  It is filled with snowfall and storm maps from Connecticut and the NE. 72 of them.  I'll leave them for a while in case Wow wants to take a look and can figure out where they came from.  

Just now, jburns said:

Just checked my attachments, which I never use.  It is filled with snowfall and storm maps from Connecticut and the NE. 72 of them.  I'll leave the for a while in case Wow wants to take a look.  

Thanks. Thats exactly what I noticed as well.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Thanks. Thats exactly what I noticed as well.

It is strange.  I've never put the first attachment in mine.  If that is board wide it may have something to do with the slowdowns. Someone much smarter than I will be looking at it I'm sure.

Just now, jburns said:

It is strange.  I've never put the first attachment in mine.  If that is board wide it may have something to do with the slowdowns. Someone much smarter than I will be looking at it I'm sure.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing....that is a ton of redundant file storage if so.

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing....that is a ton of redundant file storage if so.

Yep, and they seem to have been put in in batches. Since the times are listed it will be easy to see if they correspond with the slowdowns. 

On 7/24/2016 at 11:08 AM, Wow said:

I see the same.  They seem to be coming from some of Quincy's old blog posts.  There are thousands of copies of them.  I've deleted the blog posts and currently deleting all of the attachments.

Just an FYI, I still have a bunch of those images showing up under my attachments. I am over my attachment quota because of it.

Archived