• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Weather looks very atypical for August this week. Max Temps in the upper 70's and low 80's with almost constant cloud cover and showers. Doesn't look like a ton of rain will fall (2.5" over 5 days on the gfs at kcha) but it certainly won't be hot. I haven't actually looked at any maps to see what is causing this abnormal weather. Is it a ULL? Or just general troughiness?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather looks very atypical for August this week. Max Temps in the upper 70's and low 80's with almost constant cloud cover and showers. Doesn't look like a ton of rain will fall (2.5" over 5 days on the gfs at kcha) but it certainly won't be hot. I haven't actually looked at any maps to see what is causing this abnormal weather. Is it a ULL? Or just general troughiness?

ULL

Quite a different look of the models today compared to late last week.The cold front coming up Wed.-Thurs was looking like it was going to fizzle out now the Valley looks moist,Looks unsettled the next couple days now,Wed.should be a good soaker with pw's being shown @1.8" to 2" on the Euro.The ridge the models were showing buillding in towards the weekend now is further W of us so we should stay below to seasonal  temp wise.

The weather is going to be fantastic this week. Highs in the upper 70's and lows in the mid-upper 50's. Had a lot more heavy rain this morning. I think I'm nearing 8" for the month now.

Thisity this, I'm super pumped about this week's weather.  Hoping to get some good outdoor work done in the evenings.  Might have to build a bonfire one night too.  It would be awesome if we could finagle this kind of weather for Labor Day weekend but probably won't be lucky enough.

98L could possibly become Erika by tomorrow,looks like hits hitting some shear to the N right now but looks to hitting more stable air coming up.She's not having to deal with the SAL like Danny did as well.

Seems like it's a depression now at least,NHC didn't declare it yet

Archived