• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Climate Change Oddity in SNE

TheSnowman

On my trips to Blue Hill Observatory, I was fairly astonished at how obvious these trends in these charts are, but was utterly stopped in my eye movements by the wind. When I asked Director Orloff and the others, No One had a definitive answer on it and also stated that they had many people working on reports to explain the phenomenon. Climate Change = More Precipitation, More Storms, Warmer overall, and .....................

Less Wind??

Would Love to hear everyone's thoughts, as the consistency of less wind was Even More consistent as you can see, than any of the other charts of aspects that everyone knows and agrees upon Already.

Musically and Snowily -

Cory Pesaturo "The Snowman"

post-2792-0-10195200-1424706674_thumb.jp

Someone actually did a study on this (don't have it at my fingertips at the moment)...but they theorized that the main culprit has been increased tree growth. Much of the land used to be more open around there including on the hill itself and as trees hit a critical height in the late 70s and early 80s, the wind speeds really dropped off a cliff. Friction is the biggest enemy to high winds.

There's also been some urban development too which creates frictional force against the wind.

Someone actually did a study on this (don't have it at my fingertips at the moment)...but they theorized that the main culprit has been increased tree growth. Much of the land used to be more open around there including on the hill itself and as trees hit a critical height in the late 70s and early 80s, the wind speeds really dropped off a cliff. Friction is the biggest enemy to high winds.

There's also been some urban development too which creates frictional force against the wind.

This is true of the whole area around blue hill too. Places like Easton Stoughton were all farms in the 50s and 60s. Now all trees

Archived