Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

2 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Looks like 1" to 2" for most of us @CAPEseems to have the best chance to see 3"

Yeah our area is on the southern edge again. NS systems are touchy here. There is a general shift south on latest guidance though. 1-3 for the mid shore seems reasonable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ofc Dover radar is down again lol.

Pretty much status quo for that site.

Pixie dust now in Easton. Just cleaned off the cars, probably 1.5". Hoping to get to 3" but radar is not looking very exciting for the midshore. Hopefully our DE friends can score this afternoon.

Just now, SnowtoRain said:

Pretty much status quo for that site.

Pixie dust now in Easton. Just cleaned off the cars, probably 1.5". Hoping to get to 3" but radar is not looking very exciting for the midshore. Hopefully our DE friends can score this afternoon.

The HRRR has picked up on the zone of nothingness that didn't seem to be present on any model I looked at this morning. Looks like the best forcing will shift over towards DE this afternoon. Hopefully we will get in on the edge of that. Latest HRRR halved snow totals for my yard lol.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The HRRR has picked up on the zone of nothingness that didn't seem to be present on any model I looked at this morning. Looks like the best forcing will shift over towards DE this afternoon. Hopefully we will get in on the edge of that. Latest HRRR halved snow totals for my yard lol.

We seem to always maximize the zone of nothingness during these events.

You might be able to get on the back edge this afternoon, I think I am a bit too far southwest, but a lot of time for things to unfold still.

Hopefully we can get at least one true southern slider where we are not sitting on the edges.

8 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

We seem to always maximize the zone of nothingness during these events.

You might be able to get on the back edge this afternoon, I think I am a bit too far southwest, but a lot of time for things to unfold still.

Hopefully we can get at least one true southern slider where we are not sitting on the edges.

The late south trend on guidance is going to bust. NS systems rarely work out here. The places that were progged to get the best lift over the last several days are are getting it. My wag is the forcing for this afternoon will be less expansive than guidance is depicting, and probably not as impressive as what is occurring over  N central MD now.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The late south trend on guidance is going to bust. NS systems rarely work out here. The places that were progged to get the best lift over the last several days are are getting it. My wag is the forcing for this afternoon will be less expansive than guidance is depicting, and probably not as impressive as what is occurring over  N central MD now.

Agreed, but definitely still a south trend,  I was initially <1.0". Radar is filling in some down to Federicksburg, VA so hopefully some development happens down to st marys and calvert, which usually is a good indicator for Talbot. Looks like cross hairs fron Annapolis to Marydel with the heaviest band coming across now.

14 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Pixie dust ++ now, looks like decent rates about to cone through from wye mills to ridgely.  Heaviest still queen annes north, Chestertown definately the place to be for this one.

Based on the 'trends', Mount Holly upped the totals for my area this morning to 3-5" from 1-3. Maybe 3 is doable. We'll see.

40 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I'm not even sure the WWA is going to verify here, snow stopped and it's already melting. I last measured 0.6"

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

If some redevlopment happens I think 2" is doable here, but definately need some better rates.

It's trying to blossom a bit. Might be moderate snow at my place now. Wish I would have charged  the damn battery on the security cam.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's trying to blossom a bit. Might be moderate snow at my place now. Wish I would have charged  the damn battery on the security cam.

Nice band forming on DOX radar from a Dover- Easton-Cambridge arc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexD1990 said:

Nice band forming on DOX radar from a Dover- Easton-Cambridge arc.

Radar is beginning to fill in nicely now. Maybe we can overcome this 3 hour lull of occasional pixie dust that all the guidance seemed to miss.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Radar is beginning to fill in nicely now. Maybe we can overcome this 3 hour lull of occasional pixie dust that all the guidance seemed to miss.

It really is starting to expand and increase. hoping for a good pivot!

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That sucks but it will go over to snow.

I know it. Thinking maybe that little mesolow that @Bob Chillpointed out in the main thread that popped off Ocean City might have yanked in some warmer air aloft for a bit. already mixing back, and CC shows it moving back offshore.

• Like 1