Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,514
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu
    Joined
PrinceFrederickWx

Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

Recommended Posts

Hopefully we can get snow tomorrow night. GFS has 2-3 inches across southern Maryland and 1-5" across the Delmarva, 1" for SBY and 4-5" for DOV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insanely heavy snow. Sidewalks are starting to cave now. I'm at about 0.5" so far. Looks like we jackpot again! I love this winter!

Me too! This winter has been great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha- right? Our forecast today didn't have snow anywhere and the freeze warning wasn't until 2am. I love these sorts of surprises. I had a feeling we may see something because our temps were so far below forecast all morning and we've had plenty of moisture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

I will be visiting y'all this weekend. Anyone know any favored windy spots along the bay reasonably close to DC?

For southern MD? Flag Ponds beach is always breezy on the bay it seems. It would probably be impossible to get in on a normal Labor Day weekend but I don't think you have to worry this weekend!  They might close the beach if conditions are too bad though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

For southern MD? Flag Ponds beach is always breezy on the bay it seems. It would probably be impossible to get in on a normal Labor Day weekend but I don't think you have to worry this weekend!  They might close the beach if conditions are too bad though. 

This is just what I'm looking for. Windy spots along the western shore of the bay that generally do very well wind wise during these type of events/noreasters. Is there anywhere further north? I'm in Moco and that's a little too far south. What about North beach or chesepeake beach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for this thing to roll in, I'm off work this weekend, and I plan on going somewhere between Lewes and Rehoboth and doing my best Jim Cantore impression on Facebook Live, lol

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

This is just what I'm looking for. Windy spots along the western shore of the bay that generally do very well wind wise during these type of events/noreasters. Is there anywhere further north? I'm in Moco and that's a little too far south. What about North beach or chesepeake beach?

I actually haven't been to either of those beaches but I know where they are. I mostly stay in the central/southern Calvert area for bay beaches. I think Chesapeake Beach has a small boardwalk?

 

47 minutes ago, AlexD said:

I can't wait for this thing to roll in, I'm off work this weekend, and I plan on going somewhere between Lewes and Rehoboth and doing my best Jim Cantore impression on Facebook Live, lol

.

I actually went to Rehoboth for the first time last month with my wife and son- very nice! That would be a cool spot to watch this storm I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason my quote function doesn't want to work but I live in Ches Beach.  If it ends up a sandy-esque storm NB/CB got very insulated as an inlet and barely saw anything- all the action was up in Annapolis or down by St Leonard's and points south.  Regular storms though you will get a decent view on the NB boardwalk or on Brownies beach in CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kas80 said:

For some reason my quote function doesn't want to work but I live in Ches Beach.  If it ends up a sandy-esque storm NB/CB got very insulated as an inlet and barely saw anything- all the action was up in Annapolis or down by St Leonard's and points south.  Regular storms though you will get a decent view on the NB boardwalk or on Brownies beach in CB.

Thanks for the heads up! I might drive to shady side maryland or near gibson island if this thing gets close enough to feel worthwhile impacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

On a side note, for all the Southern MD people- I just found out LWX is having a Winter Skywarn class on 11/7 in Leonardtown- I will most likely be attending this one. 

There's also a Convection class on 10/3 in La Plata but I won't be attending that one.

http://www.weather.gov/lwx/skywarn

Thanks for sharing!  I think I will try to hit up one of them also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×