• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

NOGAPS is the most suppressed model they run...when it is that amped...something is up.

Idk if that's still true since it's big upgrade in 2013. Its been showing big solutions off and on since day 10. Rule of thumb for me if to autotoss the ggem, navgem (nogaps) and the NAM at all times. I really hope it's right though. Other models aren't too far off...it's all about the timimg of the northern and southern streams. Either the southern stream needs to slow down or the northern stream needs to speed up. So far all the other models have the phase occurring too late.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if that's still true since it's big upgrade in 2013. Its been showing big solutions off and on since day 10.

No one told me...what am I...12th girl on the deal team...last to know???

Idk if that's still true since it's big upgrade in 2013. Its been showing big solutions off and on since day 10. Rule of thumb for me if to autotoss the ggem, navgem (nogaps) and the NAM at all times. I really hope it's right though. Other models aren't too far off...it's all about the timimg of the northern and southern streams. Either the southern stream needs to slow down or the northern stream needs to speed up. So far all the other models have the phase occurring too late.

All models phase the northern stream leftover piece with the sheared out energy in parts of the southwest. It's about how favorable of an interaction we get.

All models phase the northern stream leftover piece with the sheared out energy in parts of the southwest. It's about how favorable of an interaction we get.

I may be the only one...but I happen to agree with you...the clipper will surprise and likely overperform.

That trailing energy is causing all the problems, kicking it East at the last possible second and deamplifying the flow. Gets down to at least the 970's about 150 miles East of Cape Cod.

So we have 50/50 and a digging trough going negative tilt and bombing just Se of the BM. subtract the trailing energy and we are in business ladies and gents. Our first bonafide chance at a KU this this year.

it needs to be kept in mind that the snow storm climatology for central and Southern Virginia as well as North Carolina is substantially different than it is for the big cities of  I-95.  Of course sometimes you get one of these massive systems which affects everybody...  But most of the time  that is not the case.

In this setup we can see the European model has the southern shortwave  with a distinct positive TILT  at n 108 hours.  There is also a 50 / 50 Low over southeastern Canada and the classic position but the   POLAR  branch of the Jetstream is not dropping in and phasing with the shortwave and the subtropical jet.  

Because the southern shortwave is already passed the lodge and two of the Mississippi delta   -- 90 West Long   -- it only has so much room before it can develop a neutral and then potentially negative tilt.  On the European and Canadian models  this southern shortwave eventually does develop a negative till but by that time the whole system is well off the coast. 

post-9415-0-86508200-1421693547_thumb.jp

Archived