Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Texas/New Mexico/Louisiana/Mexico Obs And Discussion Thread Part 6

Portastorm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could use some assurances from David Reimer about what FWD is saying......

I read the afternoon AFD as a pretty big walk back, basically saying there might be some isolated spots of heavier sleet.  Just reading b/w the lines, they don't seem as confident as early that we will see a period of enhanced lift and heavier precip over the DFW area tonight. 

I read the afternoon AFD as a pretty big walk back, basically saying there might be some isolated spots of heavier sleet.  Just reading b/w the lines, they don't seem as confident as early that we will see a period of enhanced lift and heavier precip over the DFW area tonight. 

With how many times this forecast has changed I don't know what to believe anymore

Yeah.  They sound a little bit antsy.  Wonder if the activity this morning might have stabilized things somewhat.  

Was definitely concerned with the update saying it looked like the heaviest stuff would be DFW/southeast. It would be very, very easy to say oops....it actually will be southeast of DFW entirely. Will see what radar does tonight.

Was definitely concerned with the update saying it looked like the heaviest stuff would be DFW/southeast. It would be very, very easy to say oops....it actually will be southeast of DFW entirely. Will see what radar does tonight.

NAM is SE of DFW, but the RGEM is right over DFW and points NE. The hi-res models are pretty dry tonight. The GFS is just now rolling.

Looking off to the southwest, it's hard to imagine DFW missing out entirely.  

I was just going to post a comment about that, it looks really good and that is typically a sign that forcing is increasing from the SW.  The HRRR has those storms but you can watch them get undercut by the freezing line as it sags SE and the storms move NE.  It could be any number of things that the HRRR is picking up on or over doing that is causing the storms to fizzle. 

Archived