• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring and Summer thread for the Mountains

Met1985

What I would do to be out there in Montana right know!

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM MDT
WEDNESDAY FOR ELEVATIONS ABOVE 5000 FEET...
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM WEDNESDAY TO
NOON MDT THURSDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM
WEDNESDAY TO NOON MDT THURSDAY. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR
ELEVATIONS ABOVE 5000 FEET FOR SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM
MDT WEDNESDAY.

* TIMING AND MAIN IMPACT: INTERMITTENT LIGHT SNOW WILL CONTINUE
  THROUGH TONIGHT. ELEVATIONS ABOVE 5000 FEET WILL SEE ADDITIONAL
  SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 2 INCHES TONIGHT WHILE LITTLE OR NO
  SNOW ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED BELOW 5000 FEET. A STRONGER
  SURGE OF MOISTURE WILL ARRIVE EARLY WEDNESDAY WITH WIDESPREAD
  SNOW DEVELOPING AND CONTINUING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING. SNOW
  WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES...ESPECIALLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO
  THURSDAY MORNING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12
  INCHES ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING FOR ELEVATIONS
  ABOVE 5000 FEET WITH 4 TO 8 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION WEDNESDAY AND
  THURSDAY AT ELEVATIONS BELOW 5000 FEET.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very muggy out this morning. Had a ton of rainfall yesterday evening. We had about 2.25 inches of rainfall. I see maybe a slight cool down in the future but we will have to see if the models change that like they did this weekend cool down,

I think that cool down arrives on Wednesday.  Here are various  model outputs for KHKY.  I'm sure you'll be cooler up in the mountains.

ibMXl2c.png?1

I think that cool down arrives on Wednesday.  Here are various  model outputs for KHKY.  I'm sure you'll be cooler up in the mountains.

ibMXl2c.png?1

I agree calc. We have had some cooler weather this evening with temps getting into the lower 60s. I see that next week will feature more comfortable temps and humidity.

We have had some rain this afternoon. Looking down the road it looks like the Euro is trying to bring down some very cold air for the east for September. Not really buying into it yet but something to monitor. Would really get the leaves changing with a cold snap like that.

Yeah, couple of small trees on campus are starting to change already. Look like timing is perfect for my parents to come over and visit since Graveyard Fields will look great first week of October.

Yeah, couple of small trees on campus are starting to change already. Look like timing is perfect for my parents to come over and visit since Graveyard Fields will look great first week of October.

Ya hopefully. We have been pretty warm and we really need some cold night to really start the change. Will be interesting to see how the next 10 days shape up.

Wow at the rainfall today.  Nam 4km missed this but WRF, ARW & NMM all nailed it.  Nam 4km had the stratus deck prevalent throughout the night but the sun was able to peek through and with abundant precipitable/good vertical shear, storms were able to build and progress.

Ya we had two good soaking rainfalls today. Temps are nice but ready for less humidity.

4km nam nails it again.  Had pop up showers for downtown AVL and was the only short range to buy into the convection.  Looks like our LFC and LCL are close enough to break the cap in the valley and thats what it was picking up on.  Rain currently falling across about half of Buncombe co. Color me impressed.

Yes sir 60's and 40's next week!

Yep cannot wait. The cold air should be settling in here by early tomorrow morning. I am thinking there could be some spots that see lows in the 30s even. It is going to be a picture perfect week. Fall like and beautiful weather. This morning is pretty cool also with a low of 50 degrees.

Beautiful pic. My point and click forecast for tonight has my low at 39 degrees. I will take it. The cold front is at our door. Getting ready for work today should be a start of a beautiful week in weather.

Speaking of temperature being in the 30's..only 38 on Mt. Mitchell this morning.

This thread is almost outdated. Somebody needs to start the Fall Mountain Weather thread since official Fall arrives tonight and Fall like weather has already arrived. More than likely, the first high elevation snowflakes are now less than a month away.

Archived