Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pittsburgh/ Western PA Part III

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, Starting next weekend, we look to get some decent Temps for a while.

Opening Day for the 31st looks to be nice.

Yeah it looks good. It will be nice to get some warm temps in here. The prolonged cold is getting old especially with the lack of any big snows, its really been a waste since the start of March in that regard. Its a shame to see that big bomb completely miss everyone outside of some coastal areas of NE.

Yeah it looks good. It will be nice to get some warm temps in here. The prolonged cold is getting old especially with the lack of any big snows, its really been a waste since the start of March in that regard. Its a shame to see that big bomb completely miss everyone outside of some coastal areas of NE.

I wanted a big storm, but now baseball starting I want warm temps. Looking at the long range it looks above normal temps for first full week of April. Our winter is pretty dead IMO. I know we do get snow in April, but not much. I think over last 30 years, we only had 3 Aprils that gave us 5"+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

706 PM EDT TUE MAR 25 2014

OHZ040-041-049-050-058-059-068-069-PAZ013-014-020>022-029-031-073-

075-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-260000-

ALLEGHENY PA-ARMSTRONG PA-BEAVER PA-BELMONT OH-BROOKE WV-BUTLER PA-

CARROLL OH-COLUMBIANA OH-FAYETTE PA-GREENE PA-GUERNSEY OH-HANCOCK WV-

HARRISON OH-JEFFERSON OH-LAWRENCE PA-MARION WV-MARSHALL WV-

MONONGALIA WV-MONROE OH-NOBLE OH-OHIO WV-WASHINGTON PA-

WESTMORELAND PA-WETZEL WV-

706 PM EDT TUE MAR 25 2014

...SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT ALLEGHENY...BEAVER...BELMONT...BROOKE...

COLUMBIANA...EAST CENTRAL GUERNSEY...EASTERN CARROLL...EASTERN

HARRISON...EASTERN NOBLE...EXTREME WEST CENTRAL FAYETTE...GREENE...

HANCOCK...JEFFERSON...MARSHALL...MONROE...NORTHWESTERN MONONGALIA...

NORTHWESTERN WESTMORELAND...OHIO...SOUTHERN BUTLER...SOUTHERN

LAWRENCE...WASHINGTON...WEST CENTRAL ARMSTRONG...WESTERN MARION AND

WETZEL COUNTIES...

AT 701 PM EDT...SNOW SHOWERS WERE ALONG A LINE FROM SHIPPINGPORT TO

FLY...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE SNOW SHOWERS.

VISIBILITIES COULD BE QUICKLY REDUCED TO A HALF A MILE OR LESS. TAKE

CAUTION IF YOU ARE TRAVELING THIS EVENING.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

WINDSOR HEIGHTS... WHEELING... WELLSBURG...

WEIRTON... WARWOOD...

TOMLINSON RUN STATE PARK... SUN VALLEY...

NEWELL... NEW MANCHESTER... NEW CUMBERLAND...

FOLLANSBEE... CLEARVIEW...

PLEASE REPORT SIGNIFICANT WEATHER BY CALLING...412-262-1988...POSTING

TO THE NWS PITTSBURGH FACEBOOK PAGE...OR USING TWITTER

@NWSPITTSBURGH.

LAT...LON 3947 8071 3959 8086 3960 8095 3954 8104

3957 8105 3959 8139 3964 8146 3959 8147

3958 8150 4091 8082 4085 7953 3943 8027

3946 8049 3943 8056

$$

Close to nothing here. Looks like that could be last snow for a while. Temps look to get crazy next few days. Could some of us see 70 on Monday? Pretty insane if you take into account how cold it was this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close to nothing here. Looks like that could be last snow for a while. Temps look to get crazy next few days. Could some of us see 70 on Monday? Pretty insane if you take into account how cold it was this morning.

Sent from my iPhone

I guess most got some snow but not much. It fell when I was sleeping. Must have been under a nice band.

I don't think we are done with snow yet, at the very least we will probably string together some nice weather temperature wise coming up, but to think its going to be sustained is not likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another cold shot relative to average in about a week. GGEM actually shows a snow storm on April 5th lol

I don't think we are done with snow yet, at the very least we will probably string together some nice weather temperature wise coming up, but to think its going to be sustained is not likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another cold shot relative to average in about a week. GGEM actually shows a snow storm on April 5th lol

You mean this one .... :)  We have a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny than we do of this one coming to fruition.  Certainly the models will continue to troll us right up until about July....  Fool me once models shame on you..   Fool me about 15 times all winter, shame on me...

post-21113-1395857793_thumb.jpg

1024 x 768 (293.53K)

You mean this one .... :) We have a better chance of seeing the Easter Bunny than we do of this one coming to fruition. Certainly the models will continue to troll us right up until about July.... Fool me once models shame on you.. Fool me about 15 times all winter, shame on me...

post-21113-1395857793_thumb.jpg

1024 x 768 (293.53K)

and it continues.... Just stop please. Its golfing season now.

12Z nam has something of possible interest saturday night.

Wet flakes at least.

I think Sunday morning will be a surprise. This little batch of precip moves through Sunday morning after the front is past. Now showing on both the NAM and GFS as well as the GGEM. I would not be surprised if this stays on the models that we see an inch or two on Sunday am.

I think Sunday morning will be a surprise. This little batch of precip moves through Sunday morning after the front is past. Now showing on both the NAM and GFS as well as the GGEM. I would not be surprised if this stays on the models that we see an inch or two on Sunday am.

Temps could be an issue..

This is likely our last snow chance until late fall.  Long range has been looking a lot warmer so I hope this over performs.

Archived