joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern Ontario winter '13-'14 Discussion part II

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Measured 5 cm here now by Queens Park downtown T.O.

Radars really filling in now for GTA. Not bad!

Snowfall warning issued now as well.

Will this be best event this winter for GTA?

Says 28.5 cm fell  on Dec. 14, 2013 at Trinity College here downtown T.O..so..i dunno?

I think Dec 14 stays king downtown. Pearson's biggest is only like 11.6cm so that's done, nipher or not.

EC radar looking sick along the 401. I'm at bathurst and lawrence right now and its ripping here. Can't imagine what those 30dbz returns are doing up north.

I'm going to go ahead and call it...local amounts up to a foot for south Caledon/Brampton/north Toronto/Southern York to around Ajax.

Incredible storm. Last time I remember a bust on the positive side for Toronto was early March 2001.

You're in Dunkirk, right? Is this the "miracle at Dunkirk" for you?

Hamburg, 14 miles south of the city of Buffalo. Dunkirk is 30 minutes south of here. The Buffalo airport is going to be close to 90 inches after this storm as well which is 20+ inches above normal. They average around 95-100 inches of snow per year in the last 30 years.

EC radar looking sick along the 401. I'm at bathurst and lawrence right now and its ripping here. Can't imagine what those 30dbz returns are doing up north.

Based on latest radar, Brampton/North etobicoke are probably getting annihilated as well as Vaughan and North york.

Awesome!

Measured 5 cm here now by Queens Park downtown T.O.

Radars really filling in now for GTA. Not bad!

Snowfall warning issued now as well.

Will this be best event this winter for GTA?

Says 28.5 cm fell on Dec. 14, 2013 at Trinity College here downtown T.O..so..i dunno?

The Dec. 14 event was a good one, but the heaviest snow was confined to the downtown core because of LES. I remember one of the mets at the Weather Network posting a picture on Twitter showing that 20 cm fell by late afternoon that day in the Pape/Danforth area.

As for the current storm, it's ripping like crazy downtown.

I'm going to go ahead and call it...local amounts up to a foot for south Caledon/Brampton/north Toronto/Southern York to around Ajax.

Latest HRRR run captures that pocket of heavy around tdot very well, amounts look lower due to the 10:1 ratio wxbell is using..

148zpeu.jpg

This storm will put me over 120 inches on the year. No clue how anyone in WNY is complaining, come on Ayuud. ^_^

LOL no complaints here man, i'm just saying all we good for around here is LES and lake enhanced precip when the lake is not frozen..a lot of times this synoptic storms tend to find a way to screw us over at the last minute, one of this days we get that rare Appalachian runner mark my words lol.

LOL no complaints here man, i'm just saying all we good for around here is LES and lake enhanced precip when the lake is not frozen..a lot of times this synoptic storms tend to find a way to screw us over at the last minute, one of this days we get that rare Appalachian runner mark my words lol.

Yeah, hasn't been a good year synoptically. But we have been getting some awesome LES/Lake enhanced events this year in comparison to most. We still have our 2 best months left for synoptic storms to pad our totals.

I just measured about 16cm (6.5") in four different places away from drifts. Still snowing heavily.

Awesome! Cant rely on my Moms as she probably doesn't want to be outside, so I"ll have to go home and measure myself.

Im assuming 15-18cm. My area has been getting annihilated since I left.

****ing drivers drive so slow man!

Awesome! Cant rely on my Moms as she probably doesn't want to be outside, so I"ll have to go home and measure myself.

Im assuming 15-18cm. My area has been getting annihilated since I left.

****ing drivers drive so slow man!

lol. They're driving slow because they're smart and driving according to the conditions.

Archived