joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern Ontario winter '13-'14 Discussion part II

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this over in Central/Western. This is my close friend's parking lot after the snowstorm in Topeka, Kansas. They received between 12-14" from this storm. The biggest snowstorm in the city was 18" back in 1900, no idea where this storm ranks, but I'm sure it'll be well up there!

feb4_zps5d7dc1df.jpg

Posted this over in Central/Western. This is my close friend's parking lot after the snowstorm in Topeka, Kansas. They received between 12-14" from this storm. The biggest snowstorm in the city was 18" back in 1900, no idea where this storm ranks, but I'm sure it'll be well up there!

feb4_zps5d7dc1df.jpg

I saw the pic first and thought it was KW. :lol:

I saw the pic first and thought it was KW. :lol:

Ah yes! These are the cars I mentioned that are now snow covered. 1cm maybe? ;)

Saw my first tennis ball size hail in this parking lot! Lots of broken windshields. Looking closely at the picture, only one person has their wipers up. 

And some pics from Waterloo. Same street as last couple rounds, but this time walking home from work tonight. Was too beautiful to not share! Some of these piles are near 6 feet. Snow depth 34cm at CYKF.

feb4wloo_zps5cd8a994.jpg

Fire hydrant for scale.

feb4wloo21_zps7d65ae45.jpg

Those pics could have come from my neighbourhood.  The snow piles are pretty well the same size.  Makes for some iffy driving when lots of intersections and driveways are blind by snowbanks.

Archived