wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Southern Ontario winter '13-'14 Discussion part II

Ottawa Blizzard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the radar painting for the next few hours for the region?

Looks like the 1-2"/hr rates are about to wrap up (although I'm watching some increasing returns west of Hamilton which may try and make a run at Toronto). Now it's top up snow the next 3-5 hours. I'd say you could add another 2-4" to whatever you've got.

WAA snows generally brought 1-2", although there were some fgen bands embedded that dropped up to 4". Basically perfect storm of fgen band and defo band training over the same spot.

Snow breeds snow as henry says! Good to see y'all cashing in. Got us beat by a bit. Looks like 7-8 when all said and done which last night looked out of reach. Reading few articles saying this storm was unexpected in Toronto area.. Not so sure about unexpected...

Snow breeds snow as henry says! Good to see y'all cashing in. Got us beat by a bit. Looks like 7-8 when all said and done which last night looked out of reach. Reading few articles saying this storm was unexpected in Toronto area.. Not so sure about unexpected...

The amounts were unexpected. In the mainstream media (ie, not these boards), I don't think anyone was going higher than 6".

Ok...now on to spring!

j/k

lol at this being unexpected. This is why I'm glad I have this board and the internet in general. Hard to believe that even within my own lifetime (born 1980) you got your weather forecasts soley from the evening news, newspaper or radio.

Looks like the 1-2"/hr rates are about to wrap up (although I'm watching some increasing returns west of Hamilton which may try and make a run at Toronto). Now it's top up snow the next 3-5 hours. I'd say you could add another 2-4" to whatever you've got.

Awesome! :D beautiful storm. Absolutely pouring right now.

Just measured 24.9cm :D

I expect another 5-10cm thru the day. Some decent bands down towards SW Ont that will move up north.

All in all, everyone in the GTA will finish above 15cm and including our Nipher :lol:

Everyone in the GTA will be within the 8-12" range, which is awesome, considering the highest forecasts (in here, too) were 10", if that even, for Niagara/Ham

I expect another 5-10cm thru the day. Some decent bands down towards SW Ont that will move up north.

All in all, everyone in the GTA will finish above 15cm, including our Nipher :lol:

Im thinking it will be tough to get more then 5cm more for areas north of the 401. Downtown/hamilton should tack on another 5-10cm IMO.

I doubt Pearson gets to 8". Not because I don't think that much fell there, but just because of it's inaccurate measuring method.

Its possible! One can hope LOL. Maybe they"ll put out a reasonable number. Alot of controversy around EC already. They dont want to add another to their list.

Thru 12pm their at 15cm.

Archived