northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 4th-6th Overunning & Possible Coastal Threat

IsentropicLift

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS  looks more amplifed over the SW. This likely will cut hard.

My only argument is that the polar vortex has improved for another run in a row. If you look north of the Great Lakes, you can see how the height field is pressing southward and this has trended south every run since yesterday. So while the primary low will cut into the MS Valley at the very least, the confluent flow being further south could help cause the secondary to redevelop faster and farther southeast. 

My only argument is that the polar vortex has improved for another run in a row. If you look north of the Great Lakes, you can see how the height field is pressing southward and this has trended south every run since yesterday. So while the primary low will cut into the MS Valley at the very least, the confluent flow being further south could help cause the secondary to redevelop faster and farther southeast. 

This is going to redevelop. In any event heavy snow I-78 north hour 138.

Yes, confluence is stronger.

The primary holds on too long on this run. The GFS was trying to transfer but failed to do so. This looks like a nasty icestorm just to the north of NYC. Close for NYC but no cigar. The confluence was stronger this run. It has been the trend for the past few runs.

If you follow the trends it's pretty clear where this is headed. The trends with the Polar vortex are noticeably good

The primary holds on too long on this run. The GFS was trying to transfer but failed to do so. This looks like a nasty icestorm just to the north of NYC. Close for NYC but no cigar. The confluence was stronger this run. It has been the trend for the past few runs.

The 850mb low has to be south or east of us for the area to stay all snow. When it remains closed and goes NW of us, it practically guarantees a switch to at least sleet/ZR. The secondary will need to develop fast enough to close off an 850 and 925 low southeast of us. Without that, it eventually will change over.

Archived