CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Low topped squall line Friday/strong winds

weatherwiz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third tree in the last year fell from our neighbor's yard over the fence into our yard.  Wife says it's not as big as the first two - we're still burning the wood from those.  Maybe we can cut it and push it back over the fence!

Now that I own a house with some precarious trees...I'm afraid if one of these falls and hits their pool...or my house for that matter. On the other hand, I don't want to cut them down since I'm one that appreciates them.

Thanks, figured that was about what was going to happen. Definitely looked better back in York County.

I usually include specific obs, but was running late for the meeting. As far as the SVR in southern Sagadahoc County, my wife reported that it was windy with a rain shower (0.04" rain, peak gust 30 mph). Checked the radar loop and it looked like that line broke up after it passed through Brunswick.

Now that I own a house with some precarious trees...I'm afraid if one of these falls and hits their pool...or my house for that matter. On the other hand, I don't want to cut them down since I'm one that appreciates them.

I know how you feel - we love all the trees, and it was worth all the money we spent to have them trimmed.  Even with that we still lost part of one of the oaks during Irene.  Fortunately just the top portion landed on my car and only did a little cosmetic damage.  Took down the wires from the street to the house, but not a big deal.  But I definitely get a lot more nervous about big storms since we have owned the house.

Archived