Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
WxChallenge 2013-14

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, it just reminds me a lot of last Tuesday hence why I felt like going under guidance was the way to go. Maybe I'm a moron, we'll find out soon enough.

No, I definitely agree with you. I'm not sure where people are getting these 72F+ numbers, given the analogy to last week. But we'll see, I guess.

I went with 70/46/27/0 myself, though I'm not THAT confident in my numbers.

Well, at least the winds look to verify at 25+ knots in all likelihood, and I was 1 better than the consensus on the low, so I have some cushion if the high doesn't get as warm as I thought. Mid-level temperatures looked similar to last Tuesday, however the BL looked deeper and it looked to start a little warmer (which it did), so I was hoping for a few degrees warmer. We'll see, most of the raw model data struggles to get highs warmer than 70-71 (except for the RAP which looks like ~72). Just get me 72 and I'll be happy enough. 73 may be pushing it but we'll see. Leaning warm seems to work more times than not this time of year on sunny days, however that's certainly not true 100% of the time.

No, I definitely agree with you. I'm not sure where people are getting these 72F+ numbers, given the analogy to last week. But we'll see, I guess.

I went with 70/46/27/0 myself, though I'm not THAT confident in my numbers.

Only 58F now and not rising fast much like yesterday. Maybe I should have gone even lower. Had 48F for the low originally :axe: and of course wishing I'd gone higher on the winds.

65 so 4 higher than yesterday already. Still thinking 71-72.

... ?

If we remain 4 higher, that argues for 69F. I think 70F is most likely. 69F or 71F wouldn't shock me... but I think 68F is more likely than 72F.

EDIT: On top of that, we're exactly 1F warmer than this time on 3/11, which is still looking like a good analog. And that would also argue for 70F.

... ?

If we remain 4 higher, that argues for 69F. I think 70F is most likely. 69F or 71F wouldn't shock me... but I think 68F is more likely than 72F.

EDIT: On top of that, we're exactly 1F warmer than this time on 3/11, which is still looking like a good analog. And that would also argue for 70F.

And 69F so 6F warmer now. 

75/45/11/0

I think they'll be warmer than today, but wasn't sure how much. I went aggressive, hopefully not too warm. I'm not sure the winds will go calm tonight and there may be some high clouds, so I banked on a warmer low. That obviously would bust by several degrees if they do in fact stay clear and get calm winds.

The wildcard in my mind comes down to the low temperature tonight. There seems to be two scenarios through the past 10 days for this location...either the low completely drops off the table and ends up on the low end of guidance (Mar. 8th, 13th and to some extent the 16th) or the winds hang on and it's on the high end of guidance.

Given gradually decreasing winds tonight, dews in the lower 20s, mostly clear skies and the fact that the 8th/13th are fair analogs in terms of wind speed, I leaned slightly lower. You can really make a case either way depending on how you analyze the setup.

Two clear clusters in guidance:

MET 38 / MAV 40 / ECM 40

USL 43 / SREF 43 / LAMP 45

Archived