e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
WxChallenge 2013-14

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

76/44/10/0

It looks like they'll be at least 2 degrees warmer than today, but went conservative. No idea on the low. The pressure gradient tonight will be weaker, but any winds will be funneling into the valley so they may have a hard time going calm. So I went a bit colder on the low than last night but didn't go with the tank job. The USL, NWS and 4km NAM have all done a decent job with temps thus far and didn't want to stray too far from those numbers. 4km NAM has been running too cool with highs by a few degrees but has been decent with the lows thus far.

76/44/7/0.00

Wind helped out big time today. Ranked 10th in the country as of 00z.

For tonight, I was very tempted to go cooler with the low, given light to nearly calm winds and dews in the 20s...however, the higher resolution models keep lows closely clustered in the mid-40s and warmer air has advected in aloft.

Winds look relatively light tomorrow with high pressure in the vicinity and a minimal pressure gradient. Max temperatures tomorrow could go higher, but without much in the way of downsloping, I kept it conservative. In order to keep near the top, I don't think I will be going out on too many limbs unless I have high confidence in doing so.

Does this place only hit its highest temp and highest wind speeds on the hourly obs? What are the odds of that back to back days?

Surrounding obs (from personal weather stations) support the highs, though. Seems like these kinds of days just have flattish, long-lasting peaks.

74/43/7/0.00

Although winds are light tonight, satellite and guidance both indicate at least a partial increase in cloud-cover. This should limit radiational cooling, unlike this morning.

Winds look light again tomorrow, although I think they will verify 1-2kt higher than today. So far from the hourlies, the max wind today is still just 4kt. Temperatures look slightly cooler with some cloud-cover and modest cold advection in the afternoon.

Results for today so far: 76/36/4/0.00.

Archived