joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heavy rain/Andrea effects thread

NJHurricane

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite the downpour here. I really should set up a rain gauge.

Mike, are you working? First water rescue in Delaware county is in Havertown @ Ardmore and Turnbridge. Also, the lower section of Darby is starting to flood. Nothing major yet on the fire side get as far as evacuations go.

post-810-137063603321.jpg

I'm thinking that "dry slot" over the delmarva is some type of warm front. Philly is under a NE wind as of now, but delaware is under a southerly wind. As the moves over us, I suspect we get a really "muggy" feel.

You can see the wind direction better on the 925mb map:

post-810-137063620706.jpg

As soon as we get the southerly fetch at the surface, the precip shield should become spottier, but the downpours and rainfall rates under them should pick up:

post-810-137063623057.jpg

Here come the higher DP's

post-810-137063631477.jpg

Hey NJ Hurricane. Assuming the Brooklawn circles are close to flooding? I live ove rin Westville, right by the River.

Had some side street flooding in what I am told are the usual suspect locations during heavy rain events here in National Park NJ. Lull  now

more heavy still pending.

it may get ugly

Yeah, it may start getting ugly.   The line to our SW on your original radar, Andy, is coming right at us.  I was hoping it might miss us to the west.   So more fun!   I will save $6 on the car wash I was planning for this weekend.  Just checked the gauge and have an additional 1.00" since 12:30 pm, bringing my total here as of 4:30 pm to 3.13".

Mike, are you working? First water rescue in Delaware county is in Havertown @ Ardmore and Turnbridge. Also, the lower section of Darby is starting to flood. Nothing major yet on the fire side get as far as evacuations go.

Nope, finished night shifts early this morning. Please pass along flooding reports and rainfall amounts to my office; call if a trained spotter or post to the office Facebook page. Thanks!

Archived