• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
March 4th-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Powerball

Nice gradient in the LAF area, according to CoCoRaHS observers (totals below). Also a report via the WLFI blog of 6.7" just north of town at the state police post, and 5.5" on the south side of LAF. And here Keener was saying east side would get screwed, relatively speaking. ;):D Snowfall measuring remains in the eye of the beholder.

4.5" southwest of West Lafayette

6.3" northeast side of Lafayette

There was an additional 1.8" on my board at 6:00am this morning, adding it to the 4.0" I had a little before 9:00pm last night...brings my "best" measurement to a storm total of 5.8". There was some drifting overnight, so hopefully that's accurate. Solid A- for this event in my hood.

Up to 17.8" for the season now at KTIM. Still solidly below normal, but more respectable nonetheless.

EDIT: I wish I could have "found" an additional 0.2" to get to the magical 6" mark...but I have morals. :weenie:  

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice gradient in the LAF area, according to CoCoRaHS observers (totals below). Also a report via the WLFI blog of 6.7" just north of town at the state police post, and 5.5" on the south side of LAF. And here Keener was saying east side would get screwed, relatively speaking. ;):D Snowfall measuring remains in the eye of the beholder.

4.5" southwest of West Lafayette

6.3" northeast side of Lafayette

There was an additional 1.8" on my board at 6:00am this morning, adding it to the 4.0" I had a little before 9:00pm last night...brings my "best" measurement to a storm total of 5.8". There was some drifting overnight, so hopefully that's accurate. Solid A- for this event in my hood.

Up to 17.8" for the season now at KTIM. Still solidly below normal, but more respectable nonetheless.

EDIT: I wish I could have "found" an additional 0.2" to get to the magical 6" mark...but I have morals. :weenie:

So do you feel now that we can put Winter 2012/13 to bed now? ;)

I went and measured again.  Down to the park, on top of a park bench. A parked car, and the middle of the park. 

Came away with about 9.4" I would probably say it's slightly less, since Midway got 9.6 , and Countryside just to my south got 9.0.  But, it is definitely a bit over 9" here.

6" on the nose on front sidewalk at work...hmm. Noticed when I was shoveling that the snow had a blue tint below the top layer. Makes sense, considering the relatively high water content.

A few photos I snapped from here this morning. First two are from work...poor bushes. Last two from my hood. Snow still caked to everything in sight.

29.5" at ORD through yesterday, 7.2" away from the normal season total of 36.7".

36.7" at RFD, which puts them at exactly normal.

24.6" at IND through 7:00am today, 1.3" away from the normal season total of 25.9".

30.1" at FWA through yesterday, 3.4" away from the normal season total of 33.5".

55.4" at SBN through yesterday, 11.2" away from the normal season total of 66.6".

6" on the nose on front sidewalk at work...hmm. Noticed when I was shoveling that the snow had a blue tint below the top layer. Makes sense, considering the relatively high water content.

A few photos I snapped from here this morning. First two are from work...poor bushes. Last two from my hood. Snow still caked to everything in sight.

attachicon.gifMarch5-6 #1 copy.jpg

attachicon.gifMarch 5-6 #2 copy.jpg

attachicon.gifMarch 5-6 #3 copy.jpg

attachicon.gifMarch 5-6 #4 copy.jpg

Great pics!  Better enjoy, looks like most of it will be melted by Saturday..

G7AZW.jpg

Nice! Looking at this I can now see that every area of our subforum has had at least a 3" snowfall, with the exception of a narrow strip near I-70 in central IL.

Congrats LAF crew! You waited a long time for a 5"+ snowfall!

Archived