• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Febuary 22-24

Chrisjmcjr

At least the gfs is recognizing that u can't slam a storm into a block. I would expect it to shift the storm further south and really blow up a secondary.

The GFS has the energy coming in behind the main storm that really screws up the whole trough. I agree though, instead of forcing redevelopment it shears the system out. Highly unlikely.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol 18 hours is still longer than probably 99% of our snowstorms. Also out on LI it started around 6-7pm and continued till early afternoon maybe 1-2pm. Roughly 20 hours or so

blizzard of 1996.... 36 straight hours of snow.   good luck ever seeing that again.

that's like it snowing from right now (noon) and ending tomorrow night at midnight.  that's sick.

I would ride with whatever the euro says, it's too far out for any specifics though.

Oh and case in point about the gfs ramming storms into blocks, it does the same thing with the next storm in the long range. It drives a low north into a very strong block.

Just take the strong blocking as a good sign. The long range pattern looks good for more storm chances. Storm of the century incoming at hr 384. What a block!  :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

gfs_namer_384_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

This is pure fantasy at this time. All of these threats can go downhill very quickly as we've seen with the weekend threat. 

The difference maker is the blocking that will be in place. It's amazing the difference that good blocking can bring you. If not for the blocking, we would just end up with a series of cutters and above normal temps.

Why is that? Is the blocking too strong?

Not sure at all actually. It really has a potent storm in the Midwest but it barely has any precipitation for our area from this storm system by the time it reaches our region. Very weak system by the time it reaches our region as well. I don't think the blocking is responsible for te weakening though.

Archived