Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Storm Threat Discussion Monday 1/28/13

Edge Weather

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up too 29 now so rising steadily!!!!

There are places on the n shore of nassau and suffolk county in the mid 20s that are goin to rain later w a temp around 30 and will cause problems for drivers. CAD doesnt get modeled well. So while u r higher. There r those who r lower. So i hope u just rain

There are places on the n shore of nassau and suffolk county in the mid 20s that are goin to rain later w a temp around 30 and will cause problems for drivers. CAD doesnt get modeled well. So while u r higher. There r those who r lower. So i hope u just rain

Cold air doesn't dam well on Long Island.

Do you think the cold air locks in better west of the city? 26/-3 here. Expecting about an inch here followed by a coating of ice.

If ray couldn't answer this question, I think we would probably have to get HM to weigh in. A real doozy so to speak, but I vaguely recollect this "north and west" thing from when I was a kid.

Last check this area was at 28.3*

Well I guess we'll see how that works out later on.

So im on record. Typically u r right. Cold air doesnt hold well there. I am just concerned w temp profiles and the mix line out from west pa backed around into snj so my thnking is a lot of ths falls below 32 amd thought wwa were warented. Thx bud.

Well I guess we'll see how that works out later on.

I'll add a caveat to this that cold air has held on LI in the past... but it wasn't cold air damming.  Its just the way fronts have set up.  Given the unusual orientation of the fronts in this system (coming in from WSW instead of S or SE), LI may stay cold longer... but its not damming. 

I'll add a caveat to this that cold air has held on LI in the past... but it wasn't cold air damming.  Its just the way fronts have set up.  Given the unusual orientation of the fronts in this system (coming in from WSW instead of S or SE), LI may stay cold longer... but its not damming. 

Fair point.

Very meh event. Mt holly did a great job on not putting any advisories out for us

Agreed. In fact the only actual event we will have is going to be the frontal passage on Wednesday. Now that'll be an actual storm, not this less than a tenth of an inch type so-called "storm". 

The frontal passage should be fun and interesting, I'm curious to see how high the temps go, how windy it gets, and if we get any thunder.

Agreed. In fact the only actual event we will have is going to be the frontal passage on Wednesday. Now that'll be an actual storm, not this less than a tenth of an inch type so-called "storm".

The frontal passage should be fun and interesting, I'm curious to see how high the temps go, how windy it gets, and if we get any thunder.

Had 22-1 ratio Friday with a inch of snow. Roads were a lot worse. Temps in teens.

the Friday event was hardly a storm...half inch to an inch around my parts...thats meh and certainly didnt warrant the ga ga observations, it was cute ...this is not a storm either but at least with a mixed bag its interesting to watch the precip evolve and uncertainty with that. We still got to put some additional salt on some lots so I will take it.

the Friday event was hardly a storm...half inch to an inch around my parts...thats meh and certainly didnt warrant the ga ga observations, it was cute ...this is not a storm either but at least with a mixed bag its interesting to watch the precip evolve and uncertainty with that. We still got to put some additional salt on some lots so I will take it.

While true, Philly metro (which is not far away) had 2-3" in some spots.  And of course, it was modeled to be huge at one point.  This never was.

Archived