joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5-1/6 Super Flizzard Obs & Discussion

phlwx

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

numerous of the gefs and srefs now show .1 or great qpf for the region.

f87.gif

f72.gif

Maybe all I had to do was go out and golf for it.  I shot a 72 at Kresson (Tombo knows, but this is an executive course and the tees were wayyyyyy up).  After tonight its Gilbertsville 3  - Drexel Hill 0 - Mount Laurel -3.

Maybe all I had to do was go out and golf for it.  I shot a 72 at Kresson (Tombo knows, but this is an executive course and the tees were wayyyyyy up).  After tonight its Gilbertsville 3  - Drexel Hill 0 - Mount Laurel -3.

ground had to be pretty frozen, should of been some decent roll unless you hit some goose landmines

ground had to be pretty frozen, should of been some decent roll unless you hit some goose landmines

The course was not completely frozen yet, which was good.  Later the upcoming week they are all going to be walking mud fields.  The only thing Kresson does right even if its for another reason, they drain all their ponds in the winter. If that's why,  there are not alot of geese around there. Ramblewood and Indian Springs furgetaboutit. BTW it seems whenever we get together for dinner with our friends from our New York Days in January, it seems to flizzard that night.

The course was not completely frozen yet, which was good.  Later the upcoming week they are all going to be walking mud fields.  The only thing Kresson does right even if its for another reason, they drain all their ponds in the winter. If that's why,  there are not alot of geese around there. Ramblewood and Indian Springs furgetaboutit. BTW it seems whenever we get together for dinner with our friends from our New York Days in January, it seems to flizzard that night.

The draining of the ponds could be to retard geese, or they could be ponds that they use for irrigation. All courses blow their system out before the cold comes so the lines don't freeze and bust. So that could be it or to retard geese like you stated.

that's vodka cold ray

i knew the nights got cold in the desert but wasn't aware the days could be that cold

Its the coldest since I've been here, for sure (the daytime highs, anyway).  Though history has recorded highs below zero here as recently as 1990, and back in 1890 there were two days where it failed to exceed -10!!!  :shiver:

Archived