Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium Range-Long Range thread

NaoPos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs still showing wintry potential for far nw burbs through pocs. Though, the euro is warmer, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think that's prob going to be rain for 95% of us. Looks like a nice track for orh. Euro had a follow up wave just after. Looks to give acy light snow

I think that's prob going to be rain for 95% of us. Looks like a nice track for orh. Euro had a follow up wave just after. Looks to give acy light snow

I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but their is some potential of some frozen precip at the bginning with the low level cold air drain, assuming the track remains unchanged or trends south. The euro is actually showing a band of sleet with it to for the burbs up to your area to start off.

euro ens look good, would like to see more of a ridge  into alaska, but its not bad.  Solid -nao signature to on them, though its east based, which shoves the pv south. A lot of blocking going on.

Would support a D10 threat if the midwest trough was more focused in the southern stream

Would support a D10 threat if the midwest trough was more focused in the southern stream

You would need that northern stream on the back side to dig south to raise the hgts along the east coast. That map shows storms would get sheered out moving into the region with all that confluence. Though, I'm sure their would be some clippers or pieces of energy rotating around that pv that would give some chances.

You would need that northern stream on the back side to dig south to raise the hgts along the east coast. That map shows storms would get sheered out moving into the region with all that confluence. Though, I'm sure their would be some clippers or pieces of energy rotating around that pv that would give some chances.

GREEN TAG! congrats buddy!

I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but their is some potential of some frozen precip at the bginning with the low level cold air drain, assuming the track remains unchanged or trends south. The euro is actually showing a band of sleet with it to for the burbs up to your area to start off.

Agree with this. Freezing rain an option also particularly N+W.

If you had a stronger southern stream heights would rise off the SE coast. Thats a classic MA snowstorm look minus the Tennesee Valley shortwave. As depicted clippers pass to our N

I'll post a few notes today. 

1. Still the like the overall change to a more favorable pattern with the main concern being the MJO staying in phase 6.

2. I do see the mix chance mentioned in the comments above. Low level cold air is hard for the models handle and I've seen it work both ways. Should be interesting and should change more over the next few days. 

3. Beyond that cold enters the picture but with two separate jet streams. We would need the southern branch to hook up with a clipper in the right location to a get a good snow. Otherwise it's either a light snow from a clipper, phase in the lakes and rain or dry/cold. 

4. I guess I'll watch myself now with Tombo as a new moderator ;) ! Just kidding! 

Could of, but the green suits it since we have seen green grass pretty much all winter so far.

might be another fall line on north and west onset of wintry precip for next wednesday.

Using more of your Gilbertsville power to draw the storms away from Philly ;)

12z gfs shows about .3-.5 frozen for nw burbs to lehigh valley before the warm air scours it out. Below is the skew t for ukt area. Notice the wedge in the lower levels while the mid levels are warm. This skew t would probably be a snow sleet mix. Abour .25-.3 qpf has fallen so far at this point. Even down to city it starts as frozen

ukt hr 126

GFS_3_2013011012_F126_40.5000N_75.5000W.

Archived