• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1st Annual Weather on your Christmas lights

tombo82685

Well, switched to all LED's last year including roughly 10 strings of icicle lights for the roof, but after getting new shingles and gutters this summer I didn't feel like potentially wrecking anything new therefore no roof lights this year. Probably will go back to them next year.

Anyway, here's the rest with roughly a 2" snowpack :)

Well, switched to all LED's last year including roughly 10 strings of icicle lights for the roof, but after getting new shingles and gutters this summer I didn't feel like potentially wrecking anything new therefore no roof lights this year. Probably will go back to them next year.

very nice, snow pack greatly sets the mood of the season.

very nice, snow pack greatly sets the mood of the season.

Thanks. Love seeing the lights with the snow outside. Makes it look 100x better.

lol, i have no clue i don't handle that aspect. Next year i will know though.

uh oh..............nah, it's worth it no matter what. Just like the $ I spend on watering the gardens June-August (since I don't have well water).

There are several different clips (typically plastic) made for gutters or shingles to hold the lights. I am using them on my house this year (used them for years at my parents house) and they work well and really do not mark up the surfaces. This season is a first for me with LED lights.

There are several different clips (typically plastic) made for gutters or shingles to hold the lights. I am using them on my house this year (used them for years at my parents house) and they work well and really do not mark up the surfaces. This season is a first for me with LED lights.

Yeah, the clips work well and don't cause damage. This is the first season for LED with me too. My daughter is three this year, and is really into Christmas, so we decided to go with all color lights after years of all clear lighting. Putting it all up on Friday...

Good topic! You can find plastic clips to put on your shingles/gutters very cheap at Wal Mart, and they'll work very nicely. I've got a few LED lights, and I have to say that although I still like the incandescent light rendering better, the LEDs are certainly starting to grow on me. Usually, this far south, Christmas lights and snow don't often coincide, although they did a couple of years ago. If it happens again, I'll post a pic here.

Nice. Good to know. I'll pick up some new clips after the holiday season ends.

Yeah, the clips work well and don't cause damage. This is the first season for LED with me too. My daughter is three this year, and is really into Christmas, so we decided to go with all color lights after years of all clear lighting. Putting it all up on Friday...

Smart man. Showed off the lights to my 2 1/2 year old last week, she says "need more color", Seriously!!

Luckily the tree inside will be multi colored. Outside is cool white/blue theme.

I was not completely sold on the LED lights but since I have them on now, they are not bad.

By the way, nice quote in your signature. ;)

I just started our decorating on sunday and it was a bit of a rush to get some of it done prior to the snow we got on tuesday night. I am about 50% finished as I still have 5 frame deer, 4 airblown's, a few more plastic figures and about 1000 more lights to put up.

Looking pretty in the snow:

CLS.jpg

looks very nice, cant beat christmas lights with a fresh snow cover.

Post your outdoor christmas display and the weather that strikes upon it. Hopefully we can get some snow cover to make it look holidayish....Their is actually more stuff just can't view it all with my phone.

i'll start it off... this is my house in dhizzle, last finale before i move

21758_593403258751_1864617056_n.jpg

Dude....might have to call you Clark Griswold.

Do you have music for that show?

Dude....might have to call you Clark Griswold.

Do you have music for that show?

i was thinking bout doing that. But i dont know if i could get them in sync. I know they sell those outlets that has like 6 outlets on it and it does it to music. The pronblem is i would need 4 of them and i dont know if they would all be synchronized.

Archived