gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
OBS ONLY: Snow/rain/slopfest Tuesday 11/27/2012

famartin

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I knew it was Somerset County. I know what you mean about many towns with the same name here, as it gets confusing sometimes.

Updated PNS just sent.

Question regarding KABE official reading... no ASOS report from the airport listed, and two spotters in Allentown reporting 2.6" and 1.4" ... however, 2.6" fell, and it has been above freezing for 5 hours and some snow melt occurred, so you guys aren't going to use the 7pm 1.4" as the official are you? Just curious here for the record books... I can vouch for the 2.6" because I called in an earlier report with 2.2" at 12:00 noon, which was superseded by a later 2.6" after two more hours of snowfall by another spotter.

I would have to say without an official KABE reading, or at least not in a timely manner, the 2.6" should stand...

Question regarding KABE official reading... no ASOS report from the airport listed, and two spotters in Allentown reporting 2.6" and 1.4" ... however, 2.6" fell, and it has been above freezing for 5 hours and some snow melt occurred, so you guys aren't going to use the 7pm 1.4" as the official are you? Just curious here for the record books... I can vouch for the 2.6" because I called in an earlier report with 2.2" at 12:00 noon, which was superseded by a later 2.6" after two more hours of snowfall by another spotter.

I would have to say without an official KABE reading, or at least not in a timely manner, the 2.6" should stand...

The official Allentown observer is on the board. I believe his screenname is ABE Snow Observer

The KABE report is listed as "Allentown Airport" in the PNS (it should say ASOS in the comments section, and we will correct that). The observer measured 1.4 inches. The airport is not in Allentown, it is north/northeast of the city.

The KABE report is listed as "Allentown Airport" in the PNS (it should say ASOS in the comments section, and we will correct that). The observer measured 1.4 inches. The airport is not in Allentown, it is north/northeast of the city.

Thank you for your response... the measurement I took was next to KXLL (Queen City Municipal Airport) in South Allentown... so I suppose the International airport takes precedence here... lol... already know that answer.

Thank you for your response... the measurement I took was next to KXLL (Queen City Municipal Airport) in South Allentown... so I suppose the International airport takes precedence here... lol... already know that answer.

The official climate site for Allentown is KABE (Lehigh Valley International Airport). There is no precedence.

the course actually has 3 counties on it. It has montco, chester, delco...but its mainly in chester co

Yeah, it gets confusing in the area there with the panhandle and zip codes and everything.

Nice pics. I'm sure all the snow is all ready all melted down in Chesterbrook. It's amazing what a few hundred feet of elevation does around this area.

Yeah, it gets confusing in the area there with the panhandle and zip codes and everything.

Nice pics. I'm sure all the snow is all ready all melted down in Chesterbrook. It's amazing what a few hundred feet of elevation does around this area.

i didn't realize how much lower chesterbrook was. I thought they had some decent elev.

i didn't realize how much lower chesterbrook was. I thought they had some decent elev.

Yeah, coming down Valley Forge Rd. there's a big drop. the elevation down in the valley is only around 150-200 ft. There's always a huge visible difference in accumulations during borderline events as you drive down the hill. Mount Misery to the north of Chesterbrook actually has a higher elevation than the south facing hills, it peaks around 680ft.

I'm right across the street from Chesterbrook in Berwyn and we still have a decent amount of snow on the ground. Starting to see a few bare spots but definitely still snow. :)

Lol i was talking to adam yesterday via twitter and he was questioning the wayne obs on the pns. Then it dawned on him that i called it in from my worked perched up on the mtn. He said that your work only had like a slushy inch a best. So his torch bias mind im going for 1.5-2 in reality on the ground lol

Yeah, coming down Valley Forge Rd. there's a big drop. the elevation down in the valley is only around 150-200 ft. There's always a huge visible difference in accumulations during borderline events as you drive down the hill. Mount Misery to the north of Chesterbrook actually has a higher elevation than the south facing hills, it peaks around 680ft.

you are right, i just looked on google earth. I didnt know they were that high (relatively speaking)

Sorry to late to the party, wife is in ICU, so haven't spent much time at home.

My son measured 4.4" on snowboard when snow stopped yesterday afternoon in the eastern

corner of East Nantmeal township near intersection with S. Coveentry & W. Vincent twps.

at 350'.

Rain/snow line very dramatic in the Exton area yesterday. Transition between an inch

on the ground and bare ground occured between two intersections yesterday near Exton Mall.

The line moved south about 4 miles during the late morning so that the snow/no snow line

was about 2 miles north of West Chester.

Lol i was talking to adam yesterday via twitter and he was questioning the wayne obs on the pns. Then it dawned on him that i called it in from my worked perched up on the mtn. He said that your work only had like a slushy inch a best. So his torch bias mind im going for 1.5-2 in reality on the ground lol

:lol:

It was a slushy inch.

Archived