amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Sandy Check In Thread

Rib

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power & cable back up WED afternoon at the ranch, Feasterville, Trevose, Oakford sections of Lower Bucks are in much better shape however coming back from the Sixers game there're still large sections of Levittown without power. My daughter works in Tullytown & she indicated that Peco has giving those residents an 11/6 date for restoration. Absolutely amazing that over 80% of Peco's Bucks County customer base lost power during the storm. Regarless of what the official #'s were I have no doubt the imediate area experienced wind gusts between 70-80mph, I'm certainly fascinated by extreme weather but I can tell you point blank I was really happy the winds on the backside did not produce as some of the short range models had indicated.

Catching up on lost internet time & the devastation down the Jersey shore is beyond sobering, almost sick to my stomach to see those aerial video's of familar places you frequent every summer totally destroyed. Thoughts & prayers going out every day for all those adversely affected by the storm.

Power came back at my house yesterday afternoon...had to throw away some stuff in the fridge, but the interior of our freezer stayed nice and frozen for the 40 hours that our power was out. It was great to take a warm shower this morning. Now just need to get the siding on my house fixed and all will be back to normal.

Power came back at my house yesterday afternoon...had to throw away some stuff in the fridge, but the interior of our freezer stayed nice and frozen for the 40 hours that our power was out. It was great to take a warm shower this morning. Now just need to get the siding on my house fixed and all will be back to normal.

Glad it's back on for you. Amazingly, while I only went 6 hours without power, 1/2 the people on my block still don't have it. Kind of makes me feel bad (and fortunate). With a 3 month old, no way we would have stayed here multiple nights with no power. Luckily, had we lost power for an extended time we could have stayed with my inlaws in Coatesville.

no power at home, very little power in upper bucks, couple small islands of power like the central city portion of qtown. But by far the worst no internet wireless signals, matter of fact as far south as montgomeryville and horsham there is no wireless internet from cell towers i really would like to know what the hell is going on with that.

no power at home, very little power in upper bucks, couple small islands of power like the central city portion of qtown. But by far the worst no internet wireless signals, matter of fact as far south as montgomeryville and horsham there is no wireless internet from cell towers i really would like to know what the hell is going on with that.

got a call from ppl robot lady, they bumped us up from Sunday 11pm to tomorrow 11pm. We shall see. I drive by the down lines everyday. Was thinking of repairing with duct tape myself.

Sounds like PA is improving, JCP and L seems to be dragging their feet. Not much better power wise in Monmouth-Middlesex-Ocean right now, parents still out in Monmouth. Folks over there going hog wild between gas shortage, water, and food...

830K still out according to spokesman, down from I think from 1.1 million, long way to go unfortunately up that way.

Sounds like PA is improving, JCP and L seems to be dragging their feet. Not much better power wise in Monmouth-Middlesex-Ocean right now, parents still out in Monmouth. Folks over there going hog wild between gas shortage, water, and food...

I just heard on WFAN somebody from JCP and L say it could be til Nov. 14th before power if fully restored in Monmouth-Ocean Co.

Long Island (LIPA) is no better. Gas shortages a growing concern too.

Received power back yesterday at the house around 7:00pm. Even the dog got excited and was running around the house. I've been catching up on reading posts and storm aftermath. I don't even have any words about what I'm seeing. So thankful we didn't have any damage to our new home and only had to put up with no electricity for a few days. Thoughts go out to those still without power and in worse shape than us.

Hey guys, this was just posted in the SNE forum. Take advantage or pass it on.

snapback.pngj24vt, on 2 November 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Sandy Relief Complimentary Rooms: Our New England family owned and operated resort is reaching out to East Coasters in need, with open arms and complimentary resort rooms. For those looking for a break from Hurricane Sandy, we are offering up to seven complimentary nights now through November 20, 2012. The offer is intended for those in the federally declared disaster areas and only applies to new reservations. Space available. For reservations call 1.800.253.2232.

Source: https://www.facebook...m/#!/Stoweflake

another day , no school for kid, power, cable, internet, land lines.

looks like another 10 gals of gas for generator day.

good thing gas prices are below $4.

could be much worse compared to many others.

be safe.

what are you powering with the genset? I was able to cycle my generator to maintain fridge/freezer temps,run the sump pump, and lighting for a few hours after dark, which cost me about 2 gallons a day.

Also for people without power, a vehicle inverter is enough to run refrigerators or sump pumps. Granted you have to idle your vehicle, but at idle it should sip gas.

what are you powering with the genset? I was able to cycle my generator to maintain fridge/freezer temps,run the sump pump, and lighting for a few hours after dark, which cost me about 2 gallons a day.

We have a back feed to main panel so running heat, frig, freezer, sump, well, septic.

5 gal tank lasts for 12hrs.

Cycling would be better to conserve for sure.

Also for people without power, a vehicle inverter is enough to run refrigerators or sump pumps. Granted you have to idle your vehicle, but at idle it should sip gas.

What wattage though? Because at startup the fridges take a lot to crank over. This is for an auto inverter.

Archived