joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Contest: Highest wind gust at DCA, IAD, & BWI

Bob Chill

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL- I thought about breaking it down to single location after I did the spread when the contest was closed but I was too lazy and was more worried about losing power. I left it as a simplistic total value type of thing vs variance of each location. I do agree from an accuracy standpoint doing it per location and not an aggregate total would have been a better way to go. But this isn't the NFL and there isn't a replay booth so congrats leesburg and too bad BT.

LOL- I thought about breaking it down to single location after I did the spread when the contest was closed but I was too lazy and was more worried about losing power. I left it as a simplistic total value type of thing vs variance of each location. I do agree from an accuracy standpoint doing it per location and not an aggregate total would have been a better way to go. But this isn't the NFL and there isn't a replay booth so congrats leesburg and too bad BT.

post-534-0-53456900-1351694598_thumb.jpg

Average departure would be my suggestion. Doing on total allows departures to cancel each other. Having said that, thanks for the contest Bob. They are always fun.

So, my unentered 175/0/0 guess would have won? bummer

Yes -- comparable to the guy who was soaking one foot in a bucket of ice and the other foot in a pot of boiling water. On average, his feet were more comfortable than the guy soaking his feet in room temperature water.

Archived