• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Photos/Videos "Sandy" related

Parsley

Feel free to post any pictures or videos pertaining to Sandy's impact on our area.

I'm especially looking forward to those of you down near the shore that may be able to snap some before/after shots.

I snapped a few shots tonight from the supermarket in Royersford where for a Friday night there were more people than normal and much less inventory in the water, bread and snack aisles.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic......snapped this today on the Perkiomen Creek. It's very possible where I'm standing could be under several feet of water by Tuesday.

I call it, "The calm before the storm" smile.png

Looks like the yellow tree is an invasive Norway Maple. Its leaves will probably be... some place else on Tuesday ;)

I was at Ocean City, NJ this Am and was surprised - if not shocked - to see almost no storm preparation being done. There were two crews boarding up two stores on Asbury, one crew boarding up a home on Wesley and "0" (zero) crews doing anything on the boardwalk. I anticipated a busy scene with boarding being done on most store fronts. The municipality was removing trash receptacles, etc. But that was about it.

I wonder if the lack of the word "hurricane" in the watches /warnings had to do with it, or owners had gone south for the winter?????

Then they will say "oh I didn't know" . Give me a break. I know I am a weather weenie, but you have to be living in outer space or possibly a doubter not to be reacting to the forecast. The one store that was boarded up may or may not be a result of the storm. It could be they board that one up at the end of the season. This was at 11:30 AM today. (Saturday). I will admit I did not walk the whole boardwalk but did walk a few blocks in the 9th Street area . It was if it was just another fall day. Bikers, strollers, restaurants open for business. AS far as I could see there was no real effort being made to protect property.

On my sister's street - and throughout the town - it did appear the patio furniture had been brought in, but trash cans were still in the alleys. (Just waiting to get blown through the air. Just seems irresponsible to me.

Maybe I'm nuts, but someone is in for a huge surprise come their next visit.

post-1392-0-28182300-1351371268_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-14576100-1351371282_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-29726000-1351371300_thumb.jp

I wanted to setup my gopro hero on our deck in capemay overlooking the harbor and do 60s time lapse for the duration of the storm. Unfotunately after some brief reserach i learned that the camera only lasts as long as if you were shooting constant video! The camera doesnt turn off during time lapse photos so its a battery hog. There are some aftermarket add ons that extend it but dont have one or time to get it...oh well.

I'm a lurker but had to share this link. Look at all of these flooding pictures. Some are in areas where the rain hasn't begun. Scary to think what tomorrow might bring. http://twitchy.com/2012/10/29/a-day-before-the-main-event-hurricane-sandy-flooding-has-already-begun-photos/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

I don't have a GoPro, but I did buy a wide angle Midland that was much more inexpensive. Figured I'd make sure I could use the thing before I went big time with a better, more costly unit. I do plan to use it handheld during and after the storm.

I highly recommend the gopro. It works great and the quality is unsurpassed. They kinda get you in that everything you do needs a different accesory but its worth it!!

I highly recommend the gopro. It works great and the quality is unsurpassed. They kinda get you in that everything you do needs a different accesory but its worth it!!

Same with the Midland XTC. The camera itself was $75.00, but all the accessorial mounts are in the $20 to $30 range.

Does anyone know of any live video feeds from shore points?

Edit: Nevermind, after actually reading the posts I see you have some posted. I'd like to see one from somewhere in AC as my family has an apartment in Ventnor. I thought about chasing it from my 8th floor apartment, but figured I would probably get stranded!

What, no pictures? C'mon folks, what's up? I'm 2,300 miles away, I want to SEE what's going on! wink.png

Having power to upload photos would help :). I just got it back. Had atleast a dozen big pines uprooted on my block. 2 fell on top of homes (but not through). Also woke up to a firework display caused by a downed live wire.

I'll post a pic. or two shortly.

Went for a walk around the neighborhood. Most amazed by the number of shingles wiped off dozens of homes in a "newer" community, I'm thinking shoddy work probably.

Otherwise, primarily pine trees uprooted. Saw roughly 2 dozen during a 1/2 hour walk.

Easily 60-70 mph gusts based on what I saw.

Sorry about the quality, they were from my iphone walking in the rain.

A cell phone pic from a distance cant possibly describe the amount of trees and size of the trees that were either totally uprooted or snapped off yesterday on my property behind my house. When its safe to get in closer I will get my kids in there to stand next to one of the uprooted trees to get a sense of the size. Still concerned because quite a few trees were uprooted and are just leaning against other trees. Mother nature at her best. At least my shed was spared and more importantly, my house! Most of Monmouth County still without power, myself included.

Feel free to post any pictures or videos pertaining to Sandy's impact on our area.

I'm especially looking forward to those of you down near the shore that may be able to snap some before/after shots.

I snapped a few shots tonight from the supermarket in Royersford where for a Friday night there were more people than normal and much less inventory in the water, bread and snack aisles.

Giant near me looked similar.

I was at Ocean City, NJ this Am and was surprised - if not shocked - to see almost no storm preparation being done. There were two crews boarding up two stores on Asbury, one crew boarding up a home on Wesley and "0" (zero) crews doing anything on the boardwalk. I anticipated a busy scene with boarding being done on most store fronts. The municipality was removing trash receptacles, etc. But that was about it.

I wonder if the lack of the word "hurricane" in the watches /warnings had to do with it, or owners had gone south for the winter?????

Then they will say "oh I didn't know" . Give me a break. I know I am a weather weenie, but you have to be living in outer space or possibly a doubter not to be reacting to the forecast. The one store that was boarded up may or may not be a result of the storm. It could be they board that one up at the end of the season. This was at 11:30 AM today. (Saturday). I will admit I did not walk the whole boardwalk but did walk a few blocks in the 9th Street area . It was if it was just another fall day. Bikers, strollers, restaurants open for business. AS far as I could see there was no real effort being made to protect property.

On my sister's street - and throughout the town - it did appear the patio furniture had been brought in, but trash cans were still in the alleys. (Just waiting to get blown through the air. Just seems irresponsible to me.

Maybe I'm nuts, but someone is in for a huge surprise come their next visit.

Thanks for the pics, went to OCNJ every summer with my fam as a child, those pics brought back memories. Wonder what it looks like now? Last I heard, all roads in were closed.

Archived