• Created
  • Last Reply

From the NHC discussion

THE DEPRESSION IS LOCATED IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT IS HIGHLY CONDUCIVE

FOR STRENGTHENING...AT LEAST DURING THE NEXT 36 TO 48 HOURS. IN

FACT...THERE IS A 50/50 CHANCE THAT THE DEPRESSION WILL STRENGTHEN

BY AT LEAST 25 KT DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS BASED ON THE RAPID

INTENSIFICATION INDEX. THEREFORE...THE OFFICIAL FORECAST SHOWS

FAIRLY QUICK STRENGTHENING DURING THE NEXT 48 hrs.

What is the rapid intensification index?

Ps, the nogaps is wrapped up. A bit east of the gem tough.

But when you see a notoriously progressive model such as the nogaps being ampd up, you take notice . Not saying its correct of reliable. B it's going against its own bias. Just food for though.

Thank goodness I sold my house on the Little Lehigh in Lehigh County last week. If the GGEM and Euro were to verify, I think flooding would ensue given the lack of growing season sucking up the water. What's funny is that people in Jersey would be thinking wind/coastal flooding, while in E PA, it would be a rain and wind threat, while in W PA it would be massive snows. Jim Cantore's head would explode. We'd get a chance to see which he prefers, wind/rain/surge or snowmageddon.

If you're looking at only the GFS/EC then yes. However most of the other models are showing a more westward solution with vast disagreement in the 12z GFS ensemble members as well.

The Canadian's never met a phased solution it didn't like (to name one).

Although east of original track on the Euro, still an extraordinary storm. However the trend is to the east. GFS wins today.

msl_uv850_z500!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!216!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2012102212!!chart.gif

My sister-in-law bought a house right on the intracoastal waterway near Cape May. Elevation is about 6' above MSL. Does anyone know if that area is prone to tidal flooding in these types of events? I am guessing the answer is yes. FWIW it was built in the summer of 1992. TIA

Archived