• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Severe Weather Risk 10-17-2012 (ARK, MS, TN, MO, KY)

Jim Martin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capable of producing a tornado? Guess it must be cycling or weakening... would have though JAN would at least say something about damage in its new warning

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSON MS

1127 PM CDT WED OCT 17 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

CENTRAL YAZOO COUNTY IN CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI...

* UNTIL 1215 AM CDT

* AT 1128 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 6 MILES

NORTHWEST OF LITTLE YAZOO MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

MYRLEVILLE BY 1135 PM CDT...

Anyone else seeing those unconfirmed reports out of Louise,MS.? Not sure if they are true. But I'm seeing a lot about it posted. Scary if so.

Seeing reports being posted about that as well, but unconfirmed. Judging by the velocity signature at that time, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some substantial damage somewhere.

A lot of weenies on FB are saying Louise is "gone", that's all I'm hearing so far. I'll wait for official word. I'm betting there's severe damage, but to say a town is gone at this point is stupid.

Having family from this area, I've been through Louise several times and as recently as this past Sunday. It only has a population of around 200. If it took a direct hit, it would very likely be leveled...

That debris ball type signature showed up when it went over the north side of Canton, population 13,000. Hopefully it wasn't one.

I was watching live video on the MDOT cam on I-55 in Canton when it went through. Lots of lightning and what looked like a lowering to the north of the cam where the rotation crossed the highway. The east facing cam into Canton shows the lights are still on in town.

http://www.mdottraffic.com/

I was watching live video on the MDOT cam on I-55 in Canton when it went through. Lots of lightning and what looked like a lowering to the north of the cam where the rotation crossed the highway. The east facing cam into Canton shows the lights are still on in town.

http://www.mdottraffic.com/

That's good news, sounds like it wasn't on the ground then.

Archived