• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Ohio and surrounding states (Let's talk winter!)

Steve

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cmh needs about a 25 mile shift se. it all depends on whether this is a true trend or it was a hiccup and they correct back nw a bit. I'm hoping its a trend based on the models picking up the progressive nature of the pattern as well as a stronger block. then again, we might get too much of a good thing and tomorrow it's a southern OH, KY blitz on the models

cmh needs about a 25 mile shift se. it all depends on whether this is a true trend or it was a hiccup and they correct back nw a bit. I'm hoping its a trend based on the models picking up the progressive nature of the pattern as well as a stronger block. then again, we might get too much of a good thing and tomorrow it's a southern OH, KY blitz on the models

I wouldn't be surprised to see the storm shift SE even further. No major shifts but I think from CMH to CLE is a good spot to be.

Kind have to wonder how much of that shift had to do with it being fully sampled now. That makes it sound more legit. I'm waiting for the KING to speak at 1pm and see if it concurs. I would almost willing to say the 12z GFS thermals could be cooler than the 0z Euro. Hard to say, maybe not. I was running with ILN on a slightly modified forecast from the Euro but may have to go GFS/Euro straight up.

I'm very surprised ILN didn't mention much of an ice threat in their forecast. Like for CMH it just says rain and snow. Yet the 0z GFS has 0.20" of liquid falling below freezing? Latest GFS also shows at least 0.20" falling before getting to 32. Granted it would be before sunrise so I guess not a major deal but still...

Wow..Ky going with a blizzard watch or warning..saying the low goes from middle TN to eastern KY..i would have to say a perfect track for us here in ohio..when will they hoist some watches and warnings..NWS still saying rain and 37 wed..REALLY?

looks reasonable. wonder if those totals north of columbus aren't high enough though. NAM looks SICK

Yeah went closer to the GFS which shows some lower totals I think because the primary is dying. The NAM does look amazing though haha. If I see a higher QPF trend in the GFS/Euro I will be upping totals for sure. Just gotta keep in mind NAM at this range is often too high on QPF and this is an 18z off hour run.

Archived