Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
18z Models 12/15/2010

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not giving up until 12z tomorrow; the 18z runs aren't going to be the deal breaker IMO.

the deal breaker is the consistency of the Euro...after initially showing a storm several days ago, it has been a rock steady NO....North American models have gone back and forth and would not be surprised if the 0z run "teases" some yet again.

No energy to be seen at 66.

Dead on the 18z, at least.

lets wait till the ensemble mean says anything...... you do realize 90% of the model runs have been jumping 1000 miles east or west... its about as reliable as me saying I will be on time for class... :lol:

If anything Id wait till 00z runs come out and if they are still showing a similar solution as this then that may indicate a no go for this storm

honestly, I believe its reasonable to believe that by Friday's 12Z run we'll be darn close to the ultimate solution

the PAC low won't be on land (from what I read in another thread I believe) until tomorrow's 12Z run

before that time, all the models are guessing, maybe better than us humans, but guessing none the less

Oh I am not saying this has no shot or that the models are probably right at this range...but the chances of getting the trend we need was much greater with that event last year then with this one...that was my only point.

The NYC NWS has an excellent forecast discussion.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

In addition: this storm is looking somewhat more like last years storm when the models did not settle on a real solution until a few days out. The ECMWF seems to have track the storm way too far east, it did this for the past Midwest blizzard too and then re-introduced it right before the storm. Is the great model is having trouble the year?

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

In addition: this storm is looking somewhat more like last years storm when the models did not settle on a real solution until a few days out. The ECMWF seems to have track the storm way too far east, it did this for the past Midwest blizzard too and then re-introduced it right before the storm. Is the great model is having trouble the year?

simply wrong

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

Im not sure if they were looking at a fake euro or what, but the euro had the storm NW of every other model from the start. So they are WAY off on that statement.

Archived