joxey
September 6-7 Severe Weather

snowlover2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN INDIANAPOLIS HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN HENDRICKS COUNTY IN CENTRAL INDIANA...

SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...

NORTHEASTERN PUTNAM COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL INDIANA...

* UNTIL 845 PM EDT

* AT 755 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS

STORM WAS LOCATED 12 MILES SOUTH OF CRAWFORDSVILLE...AND MOVING

EAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

DANVILLE...

BROWNSBURG...

PLAINFIELD...

NORTH SALEM...

LIZTON...

PITTSBORO...

AVON...

THIS INCLUDES INTERSTATE 74 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 55 AND 69.

The line showed its potential. Had the atmosphere not been worked over from earlier, we might have had quite the show. Heavy rains here and south in Tipton County. My wife at the Pork Festival said everyone was put in shelters but the basement were she was started flooding. I think it was he Elks Club.

The line showed its potential. Had the atmosphere not been worked over from earlier, we might have had quite the show. Heavy rains here and south in Tipton County. My wife at the Pork Festival said everyone was put in shelters but the basement were she was started flooding. I think it was he Elks Club.

Agreed.

And 1.98" at IND last hour. Crooked Stick, which is already wet, gonna be really soaked for tomorrow's 3rd round of the BMW.

Really wasn't expecting that much, because it really wasn't looking at impressive on radar. Then once to the warning was issued just north of here things changed pretty quickly.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH

1223 PM EDT SAT SEP 8 2012

..WEAK TORNADO CONFIRMED IN CLERMONT COUNTY

PRELIMINARY RESULTS FROM AN ONGOING DAMAGE SURVEY INDICATE THAT A BRIEF WEAK TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN NEAR GOSHEN. THE DAMAGE WAS VERY ISOLATED AND LIMITED TO 3 RESIDENCES LOCATED ABOUT 4 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF GOSHEN. BASED ON THE DAMAGE INDICATORS THE STRENGTH IS ESTIMATED TO BE A HIGH END EF0 TORNADO WITH WINDS UP TO 85 MPH. THE APPROXIMATE TIME OF THE TOUCHDOWN IS 1235 AM EDT.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL BE OUT LATER THIS AFTERNOON AFTER THE SURVEY IS COMPLETED AND ALL THE DATA IS ANALYZED.

Archived