AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE LOCATED ABOUT 500 MILES WEST OF THE CAPE

VERDE ISLANDS HAS BECOME BETTER DEFINED TODAY. ENVIRONMENTAL

CONDITIONS APPEAR TO SUPPORT FURTHER DEVELOPMENT...AND THIS LOW

COULD BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION OVER THE NEXT DAY OR TWO. THIS

SYSTEM HAS A MEDIUM CHANCE...50 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL

CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT MOVES TOWARD THE

WEST-NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

Ole JB said one will be in southeast sept 2-4th. Let's see if he is right

I dont think he was talking about this one but the next one, which models do have on a favored track for a SE hit out in fantasy land timeframes, prolly based on this run..although the timeframe here is Sept 8-9 not Sept 2-4.

I dont think he was talking about this one but the next one, which models do have on a favored track for a SE hit out in fantasy land timeframes, prolly based on this run..although the timeframe here is Sept 8-9 not Sept 2-4.

no according to his site he is not talking about this one. Some may disagree with him but he does spot most before others. I just love the watching the bashing he gets from most. Funny thing is he has been talking about winter since April and how good it will be for us. So if he verifies what will the critics say?

no according to his site he is not talking about this one. Some may disagree with him but he does spot most before others. I just love the watching the bashing he gets from most. Funny thing is he has been talking about winter since April and how good it will be for us. So if he verifies what will the critics say?

They will say, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now an then." I'm surprised you had to ask.

I got nothing against JB and I am not one of the JB bashers but he does hype way way to much, that said the only way I see that 97L could IMO become a player is if Isaac moves way faster than forecast and gets off the east coast and pumps up the ridge turning 97L back west and some model runs showed that when Isaac was forecast to move quickly....however as of right now it doesnt appear that Isaac will do that but we shall see.

They will say, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now an then." I'm surprised you had to ask.

Mr. Burns, maybe not as difficul as the adage implies. Squirrels have fleas. Ergo, they will scratch, and thus, occasionally, bump the mystery package :) Joe, love him or hate him, is a canny scratcher. T

Wow, I just re read that, and maybe there is some sense in it, but I can't get there from here, lol.

Mr. Burns, maybe not as difficul as the adage implies. Squirrels have fleas. Ergo, they will scratch, and thus, occasionally, bump the mystery package :) Joe, love him or hate him, is a canny scratcher. T

Wow, I just re read that, and maybe there is some sense in it, but I can't get there from here, lol.

You lost me at the "mystery package". :)

I wouldn't totally discount Leslie being a factor somewhere along the East Coast...

I wouldn't for NC north. I had originally given it ~5% chance for there based on the lack of modeled threats as well as climo for storms that form that far east, especially in El Nino.s, but then raised it to ~20% when I saw several subsequent GFS/Euro runs that either hit or teased the NE. Now, those models are missing the NE US. So, I'm already backing it down to a 10% chance for NC northward. I'm going with only about a 3% chance for SC and a mere 1% for GA/FL since there's no ridge progged that would impart enough westward steering to get it to those three states. Keep in mind that these numbers are based on climo and my study of hundreds of actual tracks. Also, compare this to last years's Irene, which was progged on every GFS run from twelve days and every Euro run from eight days out to hit the U.S.

By the way, folks, put those guns down. Being a messenger surely is a very dangerous business but someone has to do it. ;)

I wouldn't for NC north. I had originally given it ~5% chance for there based on the lack of modeled threats as well as climo for storms that form that far east, especially in El Nino.s, but then raised it to ~20% when I saw several subsequent GFS/Euro runs that either hit or teased the NE. Now, those models are missing the NE US. So, I'm already backing it down to a 10% chance for NC northward. I'm going with only about a 3% chance for SC and a mere 1% for GA/FL since there's no ridge progged that would impart enough westward steering to get it to those three states. Keep in mind that these numbers are based on climo and my study of hundreds of actual tracks. Also, compare this to last years's Irene, which was progged on every GFS run from twelve days and every Euro run from eight days out to hit the U.S.

By the way, folks, put those guns down. Being a messenger surely is a very dangerous business but someone has to do it. ;)

Woo hoo... so your saying there's a chance.

Woo hoo... so your saying there's a chance.

Yes, Jim Carrey!! The excitement level is keeping me up at night! However, the chances are not quite as good as I thought yesterday. Then again, I'm still thinking about 5% NE, 3% NC, 1% SC and 0.5% GA/FL.

So, still quite respectable odds and enough to keep everyone riveted to their computers.

Yes, Jim Carrey!! The excitement level is keeping me up at night! However, the chances are not quite as good as I thought yesterday. Then again, I'm still thinking about 5% NE, 3% NC, 1% SC and 0.5% GA/FL.

So, still quite respectable odds and enough to keep everyone riveted to their computers.

Yes, but you are going by your climo studies, and model depictions. Step back, Larry, step back, and slow down. Savor an ice cream. Enter that dream twilight where you hear the mathmatical/musical notes of the cosmos. The thrumming of mole focus. Now, what does your weather soul say? Tony

Yes, but you are going by your climo studies, and model depictions. Step back, Larry, step back, and slow down. Savor an ice cream. Enter that dream twilight where you hear the mathmatical/musical notes of the cosmos. The thrumming of mole focus. Now, what does your weather soul say? Tony

Next!

Archived