• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
4th of July weather

Well it is rather early but what the heck it is time to start thinking about the July 4th forecast and it is already looking like the 90s will continue through the holiday from the mountains to the city to the shore. The latest 00z GFS is showing isolated storms with a system moving in late in the day right around the time any fireworks would be going off. The euro is a bit different and has afternoon pop up storms

For now I think we will get to 90 in most places with the wildcard being the Poconos. I also think for most of the day with the storm threat being well late in the night. Will see how this holds up and changes in time

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is rather early but what the heck it is time to start thinking about the July 4th forecast and it is already looking like the 90s will continue through the holiday from the mountains to the city to the shore. The latest 00z GFS is showing isolated storms with a system moving in late in the day right around the time any fireworks would be going off. The euro is a bit different and has afternoon pop up storms

For now I think we will get to 90 in most places with the wildcard being the Poconos. I also think for most of the day with the storm threat being well late in the night. Will see how this holds up and changes in time

I agree that philly which is usually the warmest spot will have no trouble hitting 90 or a bit better, but the cooler burbs weat of the city with elevation may not get out of the 80's.

If the 00z GFS is correct looks like we start off the early 4Th of july am before sunrise with a complex of storms that could be strong to maybe severe. Then it has storms anytime anywhere throughout the rest of the day on 4th of july. Lets hope it is wrong we do need the rain but it would be nice not to have it on a holiday.

On a side note not sure if anyone remembers but about 3-5 years ago we had a few years in a row with real nasty storms on 4th of July. First year of the series featured very heavy rain fall and severe storms. The second year had severe storms that delayed the fire works downtown. Can't quite recall if there was a 3rd year or no but anyhow not saying this will happen again but the GFS is not alone the Nam also has afternoon storms so it could be rather interesting as we get closer to see how this unfolds.

If the 00z GFS is correct looks like we start off the early 4Th of july am before sunrise with a complex of storms that could be strong to maybe severe. Then it has storms anytime anywhere throughout the rest of the day on 4th of july. Lets hope it is wrong we do need the rain but it would be nice not to have it on a holiday.

On a side note not sure if anyone remembers but about 3-5 years ago we had a few years in a row with real nasty storms on 4th of July. First year of the series featured very heavy rain fall and severe storms. The second year had severe storms that delayed the fire works downtown. Can't quite recall if there was a 3rd year or no but anyhow not saying this will happen again but the GFS is not alone the Nam also has afternoon storms so it could be rather interesting as we get closer to see how this unfolds.

I remember the one year in 2007 they were having the live concerts in Philly and Hall & Oates sang through the downpour while Patti Labelle ran away like a wuss! Heavy rain from Philly on westward. We Jersey folk hardly got a drop. Last year I remember we had some surprise thunderstorms. Mother Natures firwworks!

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know how the fireworks at Watlz Golf Farm in Limerick compare to the ones in Skippack, King of Prussia or Radnor? My favorites are probably the ones down at Sun Valley High School in Aston, but that's a bit of a hike.

I'm only minutes from Waltz Golf, but never saw their fireworks. Maybe phlwx would know since he has the scoop on that area pretty well.

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know how the fireworks at Watlz Golf Farm in Limerick compare to the ones in Skippack, King of Prussia or Radnor? My favorites are probably the ones down at Sun Valley High School in Aston, but that's a bit of a hike.

The Tredyffrin ones at Wilson Park in Chesterbrook were pretty good last year. That's where I'm heading tonight. I think you have to pay to get into Radnor's.

I'm only minutes from Waltz Golf, but never saw their fireworks. Maybe phlwx would know since he has the scoop on that area pretty well.

Waltz's are good but we've usually gone to Phoenixville's display in past years when we've been around on the 4th. Planning to do Waltz this year (we're going to scout out a spot at Pope John Paul HS and hope that we get a good vantage point from their parking lot since that's not too far from home).

Iceman - just a few miles from you and up a couple hundred feet only 88.7 today - Just 3 - 90+ days this season - amazing that such a little elevation difference can effect the temp. Do you have a fan aspirated station? I really think most places report too warm because they lack the fan aspirated feature.

Peaked at 94.4 here in NW Chesco, now back to 91.7, DP @ 70 (probably 67). Day #7 of 90+ this year.

Meh, looks like it's fizzling out north of I-80.

(hoping for a possible reverse jinx) :pimp:

The cluster west north west of wilkes barre is very well worth watching and may go severe as it comes into better instability and vertical shear. Weather or not it comes into our neck of the woods strong or severe remains to be seen and is nowcasting.

Thunderheads to my northwest right now we shall see if anything pops. As for fireworks I am staying right here at my house private people come and set up at jardel rec here in the northeast usually is a good show!

The cluster west north west of wilkes barre is very well worth watching and may go severe as it comes into better instability and vertical shear. Weather or not it comes into our neck of the woods strong or severe remains to be seen and is nowcasting.

Thunderheads to my northwest right now we shall see if anything pops. As for fireworks I am staying right here at my house private people come and set up at jardel rec here in the northeast usually is a good show!

Those seem like their on course for Delco.

Archived