• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Williwaw Lakes Alaska

Sam!!! Now you know why I love AK so much!!! Great shot. Hope you're having the time of your life kid! Seek adventure!!

Thanks Pete!! I do love it here. I can't believe how close all of this is to where I am living and working. I have a full list of things I want to do, and hopefully I get to them all this summer.

I can't wait to get up there. North Platte is likely the most boring place I have ever lived.

lol you will definitely love it here! Maybe the craziest thing about this hike is that we got back around 10-1030pm with full sunshine. Daylight was not even close to a limiting factor.

One of the many cool scenes on this trail was all the trees in the valley grew notably tilted down the valley toward the city ...one sign of the incredible gap winds.

Thanks Pete!! I do love it here. I can't believe how close all of this is to where I am living and working. I have a full list of things I want to do, and hopefully I get to them all this summer.

lol you will definitely love it here! Maybe the craziest thing about this hike is that we got back around 10-1030pm with full sunshine. Daylight was not even close to a limiting factor.

One of the many cool scenes on this trail was all the trees in the valley grew notably tilted down the valley toward the city ...one sign of the incredible gap winds.

You're going to have a blast all summer. The long days right now are awesome. The old Alaska saying , "There's plenty of time to sleep when you die." makes sense when there is so much light and so much to do. Keep the pics coming. Check out the pic from Denali I poosted in the ski season thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pics around Alaska from this past week.

Had thunderstorms roll through earlier in the week which was a surprise. Sunny warm days with lift along the mountains go a long way. Got some great clouds with the sunset and rain shafts.

Did some various hiking/adventuring later in the week. Honestly I forget where I was though lol.

Spent the night on a mountain for the solstice. Was very concerned about the weather ... thick low clouds hanging around the mountains this day, but I went anyway. The clouds thinned just enough at the top to produce a sunset that probably falls in my top 10.

I went kayaking on Prince William Sound on Friday. The sky was nearly crystal clear which I guess is a very rare sight in Whittier. Probably snagged the most beautiful day of the year to go. Warmed up so much rowing in the sun that diving in the water after felt great!

post-128-0-54496900-1340605862_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-94916500-1340605938_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-15866800-1340605957_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-91089900-1340606786_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-48749800-1340606043_thumb.jpg

post-128-0-07782600-1340606181_thumb.jpg

Awesome Sam. Looks like you're getting around a little. ChecK out Hatcher's Pass. Have a blast. How do you like the long days?

That's where I was!! I'm pretty sure Hatcher's Pass is the second picture.

I love the long days. Really feeling the lack of sleep from the weekend though lol. It's not in my nature to waste daylight, so I have to be outside ... at midnight.

Archived