• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 31st - Potential Wintry Precip (formerly the March Torch Thread)

tornadojay

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, the cold ocean really has an impact on us.

i have only had one days above 60 so far this year, and that was yesterday where I hit 61 degrees.

Move to the N Shore! Hit 68.8 today & 68.9 yesterday. Not bad at all, sure it was warmer here in Great Neck. Hope you guys on the S Shore get a nice NW breeze during this warm spell.

Move to the N Shore! Hit 68.8 today & 68.9 yesterday. Not bad at all, sure it was warmer here in Great Neck. Hope you guys on the S Shore get a nice NW breeze during this warm spell.

I think that tommorow will be the warmest day of this entire ten day torch from hell.

I'm expecting 64 tommorow.

Yesterday and Sunday were nice but today's too hot too soon in my opinion. 76 degrees here in Villanova and feeling like summer. Shouldn't be breaking a sweat in mid March; this is disgusting. 55-70 is perfect but 75-80 is ridiculous for this time of year.

Pretend that it's early May :P

How some of you guys can complain about mid 70's in March after an abysmal winter is beyond me. I remember last year around this time it was a struggle to get a nice warm day with no clouds and precip in the way.

Pretend that it's early May :P

How some of you guys can complain about mid 70's in March after an abysmal winter is beyond me. I remember last year around this time it was a struggle to get a nice warm day with no clouds and precip in the way.

Because we love winter Wx.

I absolutly hate this weather so early in the year.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a bad year for brush fires(especially in CT where they still have debris from irene and the October snowstorm all over the forest)

Agree not good, already about 5 brush fires past 2 weeks I believe. Queens and staten island get a Lot and sometimes the creek by me in Brooklyn

Agree not good, already about 5 brush fires past 2 weeks I believe. Queens and staten island get a Lot and sometimes the creek by me in Brooklyn

I think that about 10 or 15 years ago around july 4th weekend there was a huge forest fire out in the Pine Barrins. It burned a pretty large area.

For what it's worth (which isn't much), the 18z DGEX brings the warmth through with 80+ degrees next Wednesday. The location of the ridge is far from ideal, however, and it allows another cold front to quickly come through afterwards. The 18z GFS though looks like a big improvement in terms of warmth, with no additional BDCFs coming through, and with the high pressure further south it looks like a blowtorch (75-85 degrees) for next Monday-Wednesday. It's still far from a lock until the models get a better handle on the pattern next week, but as long as there's not another back door cold front, with a favorable ridge location parts of the area could easily reach 80 degrees with such a strong ridge and warm air mass.

18z DGEX at hour 192 FWIW:

post-1753-0-13196200-1331677977.gif

I think that about 10 or 15 years ago around july 4th weekend there was a huge forest fire out in the Pine Barrins. It burned a pretty large area.

I was young then don't remember lol, I know my friend in staten island always has fires near his house he said its scary esp at night. He also said they catch a lot of the kids cause they are young and dumb

For what it's worth (which isn't much), the 18z DGEX brings the warmth through with 80+ degrees next Wednesday. The location of the ridge is far from ideal, however, and it allows another cold front to quickly come through afterwards. The 18z GFS though looks like a big improvement in terms of warmth, with no additional BDCFs coming through, and with the high pressure further south it looks like a blowtorch (75-85 degrees) for next Monday-Wednesday. It's still far from a lock until the models get a better handle on the pattern next week, but as long as there's not another back door cold front, with a favorable ridge location parts of the area could easily reach 80 degrees with such a strong ridge and warm air mass.

18z DGEX at hour 192 FWIW:

post-1753-0-13196200-1331677977.gif

PLEASE SHOOT ME.

I really hope this has some severe weather with it.

It looks like NYC may see record temperatures highs in the 80's from Tuesday - Friday next week. After a mild winter it looks like March will be more like May/June for next week or so. I am think NYC may see another record warm month making it two in a row. This may lead to a very humid summer since water temperatures will continue to be above normal from the Gulf and the Atlantic.

Yesterday and Sunday were nice but today's too hot too soon in my opinion. 76 degrees here in Villanova and feeling like summer. Shouldn't be breaking a sweat in mid March; this is disgusting. 55-70 is perfect but 75-80 is ridiculous for this time of year.

Yes thank you isotherm. There is plenty of time to enjoy the warmth but not this early... just heard a friggen ice dream truck.

It looks like NYC may see record temperatures highs in the 80's from Tuesday - Friday next week. After a mild winter it looks like March will be more like May/June for next week or so. I am think NYC may see another record warm month making it two in a row. This may lead to a very humid summer since water temperatures will continue to be above normal from the Gulf and the Atlantic.

I think that KNYC will be 11.3 degrees ABOVE normal for the month of March.

I cannot remember the last time where I saw temperatures this warm for this long of a period of time in March.

This is from my NWS "point and click" forecast:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. West wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 65. Northwest wind between 7 and 13 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 43. North wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming southeast between 5 and 8 mph.

Thursday Night: Scattered showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Southeast wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday Night: Scattered showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 60.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Yea but its a heck of a lot better than being in the 40s like last year.

Yes thank you isotherm. There is plenty of time to enjoy the warmth but not this early... just heard a friggen ice dream truck.

Ice cream truck? I think I'm gonna be sick. There's a time and place for you, ice cream truck, and that's in the summer, when we should have summer weather. As I've said before, I like the Northeast weather b/c we have 4 distinct seasons. If I wanted 80 degree temps in March I'd move to somewhere in the tropics, like DC.

Ice cream truck? I think I'm gonna be sick. There's a time and place for you, ice cream truck, and that's in the summer, when we should have summer weather. As I've said before, I like the Northeast weather b/c we have 4 distinct seasons. If I wanted 80 degree temps in March I'd move to somewhere in the tropics, like DC.

I just interviewed for a job in DC...it was full-on spring down there with magnolias and cherries in bloom, green grass, temperatures in the 60s. Would be hellish in the winter but a good job opportunity.

Agree 110 per cent!!!

If the 18z GFS is correct, after the late week/weekend backdoor, we're in for a 2-3 day stretch of temps in the 75-85 degree range next week. Warmest March could be a possibility, will be difficult though.

18z GFS was an absolute torch...10C 850s clear Maine and extend to James Bay middle of next week...it didn't show much of a cooldown in the long-range either.

Archived