Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Obs : Snow Event 2/11/12

NEG NAO

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it is 33.8 F and snowing here...stepping outside, with the lack of wind, it feels more like April 11th than February 11th...

You know it's a bad winter when it is February 11th (February 11th!), it is 4:30 AM in the morning, and the snow is having trouble accumulating on the grass...

Truth be told, I've felt May afternoons that seemed chillier than this morning..

You know it's a bad winter when it is February 11th (February 11th!), it is 4:30 AM in the morning, and the snow is having trouble accumulating on the grass...

Truth be told, I've felt May afternoons that seemed chillier than this morning..

A bit of an exaggeration but yeah, it feels stale outside warmer then it should feel while its snowing.

Moderate snow here now all surfaces covered other then the road. Funny thing is i am actually in the current jackpot.

What is your visibility??

Up here about 25 miles inland from the CT coast I saw literally 3 flakes over a one minute period after waking up and taking a look. That's three more than I saw on the Wed/Thurs "event."

I managed to get under the "superband" on 1/21 with 9" so I can't complain (although that got eaten away by the snowfog in a few days), but this week has been pretty much fail up here.

Measured liberally, there may be 2/10ths of an inch of snow on the ground here now...though nothing on paved surfaces.

If this isn't the most textbook light spring snow I've ever seen..I don't know what is...from the sounds of dripping water when you step outside...to the difficulty the snow had accumulating around trees because it was both light and the wind was as dead calm all night as it could be...as if there was actually no storm at all...

If this isn't the most textbook light spring snow I've ever seen..I don't know what is...from the sounds of dripping water when you step outside...to the difficulty the snow had accumulating around trees because it was both light and the wind was as dead calm all night as it could be...as if there was actually no storm at all...

Not that I'm complaining...I'll take this a million times over 60 and sunny...things look nice and white, save for the roads...but it has a long way to go before it can be deemed "impressive" winter weather...were it April 11th, I would be pretty impressed...

Archived