Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 11, 2012 system?

Rankin5150

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening everyone. Current temp is 13.9 degrees and the wind is howling. Not snowing currently but we have about 2 inches so far for this event. We are having a small break right now but i have a feeling it will set back in a little later.

How was & is the wind up there 85? It was brutal down here earlier today. Things have quieted down here now but it is still gusty.

23 degrees and very high wind gusts. These are the strongest winds I have seen in the almost three years I have lived here. Sure am glad I had those two tall dead trees taken out last year. No flurries now, but I had them all day, even when I could see no clouds in the immediate area. Wind is an amazing thing. No power loss yet, but trees are certain to fall during the night!

Took a trip today from Charlotte to the in-laws home located on a ridge outside of Burnsville, NC. Here's how the trip went...

Left Charlotte around noon - partly cloudy, 47 deg

Hickory - few stray flurries (maybe grapel) with partly to mostly cloudy skies, 44 deg (about as warm as I've ever seen it snow)

Morganton - light snow showers, 38 deg

Marion - light snow showers, 32 deg

Top of the Blue Ridge Escarpment at the Eastern Continental Divide (2,820 ft) - light snow showers, dusting on the ground, 25 deg

And finally, at the ridge top outside of Burnsville (3,700 ft) - 17 deg, and here's what it looked like...

http://imageshack.us...deos/6/y8c.mp4/

Took a trip today from Charlotte to the in-laws home located on a ridge outside of Burnsville, NC. Here's how the trip went...

Left Charlotte around noon - partly cloudy, 47 deg

Hickory - few stray flurries (maybe grapel) with partly to mostly cloudy skies, 44 deg (about as warm as I've ever seen it snow)

Morganton - light snow showers, 38 deg

Marion - light snow showers, 32 deg

Top of the Blue Ridge Escarpment at the Eastern Continental Divide (2,820 ft) - light snow showers, dusting on the ground, 25 deg

And finally, at the ridge top outside of Burnsville (3,700 ft) - 17 deg, and here's what it looked like...

http://imageshack.us...deos/6/y8c.mp4/

Nice recounting of the journey. It's amazing the difference about 80 miles makes. I can vouch for your flurries in Hickory, but it never made it up to 44 degrees at my house. 41 was the high. Looks like the in-laws have a nice snowy hideaway. Enjoy your stay!

Archived