Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 11-12 "Potential"

phlwx

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quakertown,

Where are you that you are at 16F with 33mph winds? In Macungie area, it's 25F with 1mph winds.

You're way too close to the calming effects of the Little Lehigh.

BTW with the rain/snow mixture problems with this event and the instantaneous melting level info we'll now get, it will be an interesting use of dual pol info later.

nice map if it was 50-75 miles further NW. Don't think Cape May has anything to worry about. When was the last time he nailed a forecast?

Looks like 1-2" event around here to me, maybe a little more as you get farther north of PHL. Euro + SREFs seem like the way to go.

Seems that everything I'm seeing is for 1-2 inches from the Lehigh Valley on north and west. Outside of potential p-type issues, what are you guys seeing that makes you think the heaviest snow is going to be northwest of I-95?

Seems that everything I'm seeing is for 1-2 inches from the Lehigh Valley on north and west. Outside of potential p-type issues, what are you guys seeing that makes you think the heaviest snow is going to be northwest of I-95?

I actually think heavier amounts will be north and east, towards Trenton and Princeton. But we're talking like an inch of difference. No big deal to me.

You're way too close to the calming effects of the Little Lehigh.

BTW with the rain/snow mixture problems with this event and the instantaneous melting level info we'll now get, it will be an interesting use of dual pol info later.

Can the public access the dual pol images? If so, will it be on the normal radar page?

Latest Wxsim with 6z data

Snow developing in NW Chesco by around 8pm Temp 34.1

Moderate Snow by 9pm temp 32.0

Snow continues at various rates thru 7am total snow 2.5" to 3.0"

7am temp 28.5

Paul,

I don't know how they do it, but overall those forecasts seem pretty good, nothing outrageous in either direction. At least you shouldn't have much ptype issues.

Cooled off everywhere, looks like.

A general 2-4 in a line from N Chesco to Trenton right around 202/PA Turnpike and extending northeast seems like a decent call for now.

Agreed. Also seems continued snow shower/flizzard activity from hrs 36-39. Almost like the mysterious unicorn that is 'backend snows'...

Archived