• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter Storm Threat February 3-5

Grothar

The models all probably based on average water temps off the coast for this time of year. Water temps are in the 42 to 44 range at this time. It would be tough for a coastal low pulling that air off the ocean to produce a wide band of snow, but perhaps a very narrow shortlived one!

Actually I believe updated (i.e., current) water temperatures are one of the model inputs, but don't quote me on that.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS suppresses but EC also joins in on Sunday timing (but even more suppressed).

They both show a wave of low pressure zipping offshore of Hatteras or VA coastline on Monday night...EC a bit more robust than GFS (precip makes it to Philly barely on EC).

I don't have a problem with the JMA, I have a problem when someone posts the Korean Model and you have to stand on your head to figure it out. :axe:

:thumbsup:

Look, we have great discussion in here and you guys are great. We can get by talking about the major global models and their differences without introducing weenie topics

Metfan,

This is a non weenie tread. We only post torch pictures on here. It's brings some sanity to this winter/fall.

On a brighter note, read the euro tried to phase the northern stream, and some of the individual ensembles on the gfs (a majority) phased it.

:lol: So? Just because HM says the threat looks legit for NE, that doesn't mean jack for us down here. Plus it is over 8 days away.

ha ha Yeah pretty much!! It's not like he's the only one pointing out next weekend though either. Many respectable mets and non-mets on here have been eyeing those dates too. So this threat is legit in my opinion. (and not just for New England)

Archived