joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Van Denton's Weather Discussion

iceman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy Chilton was going to miss BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time on his temps for tomorrow. He finally came down to the low 40's after showing 60 and then 50's all week until thursday. I emailed Van And Chilton on wednesday to see what they thought about pattern, Van replied and Chilton still hadn't. i didn't bother to ask Lanie Pope

Boy Chilton was going to miss BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time on his temps for tomorrow. He finally came down to the low 40's after showing 60 and then 50's all week until thursday. I emailed Van And Chilton on wednesday to see what they thought about pattern, Van replied and Chilton still hadn't. i didn't bother to ask Lanie Pope

I just don't understand why anyone would both asking Chilton. He always plays it safe to leave himself some wiggle room. At least Van will stick his neck out a bit.

TW

How did i miss this classic post? You emailed your local TV mets to ask them about the pattern? OMGWTFLOL.

How did i miss this classic post? You emailed your local TV mets to ask them about the pattern? OMGWTFLOL.

I wanted to see what they thought comparing all of them. Next time I will run it by you before I do it. I didn't notice your RED Tag? :poster_oops:

By no means was I going to trust them. If I want an accurate forecast I call Robert

So, you treat you local mets like Priceline.com. Compare before you believe.... Next time, please run it by me before you make a fool of yourself. I don't need a "red tag" to advise and save you from the embarrasment of being "oh, your THAT guy" at the next public TV PR weather event..

Well actually since you asked. Robert asked me what they were thinking for our temps. So I emailed them to see. Don't know where you get embarrassing myself? By asking them their thoughts for someone else? Funny!

Well actually since you asked. Robert asked me what they were thinking for our temps. So I emailed them to see. Don't know where you get embarrassing myself? By asking them their thoughts for someone else? Funny!

So, instead of going to their websites for this data you embarrassingly emailed them. Funny Indeed.

So, instead of going to their websites for this data you embarrassingly emailed them. Funny Indeed.

Actually depends on what day you look at the forecast if it is their forecast or whoever fills in for them. But it doesn't matter I am not going worry about what you think as nobody respects anything you say anyway so I won't be the first. I am glad though that my post bothered you enough for you to comment on them.

Actually depends on what day you look at the forecast if it is their forecast or whoever fills in for them. But it doesn't matter I am not going worry about what you think as nobody respects anything you say anyway so I won't be the first. I am glad though that my post bothered you enough for you to comment on them.

No bother... you can stalk whomever you want. As for respect, I don't expect any respect.... no respect at all.

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Snow Fans.....this has been a rough winter....may remain that way......but, from time to time we see a CHANCE on the models. Many times it goes away before the scheduled arrival. But, for a few days, I have seen something curious for next weekend...around Feb 4th. More on that in weather just after 6:15pm.

Like · · Share · 7 minutes ago ·

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Snow Fans.....this has been a rough winter....may remain that way......but, from time to time we see a CHANCE on the models. Many times it goes away before the scheduled arrival. But, for a few days, I have seen something curious for next weekend...around Feb 4th. More on that in weather just after 6:15pm.

Like · · Share · 7 minutes ago ·

LOL He just wanted to use his new snow icon at least once tis winter. He put it on next Sat and said, "It might not be there tomorrow."

Van has had mix and 39 for a high next saturday since thursday.

Lanie had 62 and sunny until last night and now has 48 and 20% of rain

Eric Chilton has 50 and 20% of rain, did have 60.

Big difference. But that's typical from them

In my opinion it is not wise to forecast a Winter threat so far out especially when the model's have not been very reliable this season. Lanie, Eric, and even the NWS seem to be taking the safe route and in the end will probably be much closer to verifying. While I prefer Van Denton over the others, he needs to be careful because if you cry wolf too many times the public will start to loose faith. He has already done this a couple of times this season. It is always better to play it safe when you are in a position that has a huge public following. You would not belief how excited some of my Facebook friends are getting about the threat for snow next weekend. Several have been making comments and posts about it in the past couple of days. I have a feeling they are going to be disappointed in both the weather and Van come next Saturday.

In my opinion it is not wise to forecast a Winter threat so far out especially when the model's have not been very reliable this season. Lanie, Eric, and even the NWS seem to be taking the safe route and in the end will probably be much closer to verifying. While I prefer Van Denton over the others, he needs to be careful because if you cry wolf too many times the public will start to loose faith. He has already done this a couple of times this season. It is always better to play it safe when you are in a position that has a huge public following. You would not belief how excited some of my Facebook friends are getting about the threat for snow next weekend. Several have been making comments and posts about it in the past couple of days. I have a feeling they are going to be disappointed in both the weather and Van come next Saturday.

I am not so sure taking the 60degree route for next weekend is the safe route either...

I am not so sure taking the 60degree route for next weekend is the safe route either...

No one is calling for that at this point, as everyone is saying upper 40's to low 50's depending on the source which is very reasonable this far out, however; if it ends up being in the 40's with rain, who would have been closer in the public's eye? All people will remember is the mention of snow and ice from Van and will not focus so much on the actual temperature. If two of your competitors call for rain several days in advance, and you call for mixed precipitation, the average viewer will consider the rain call as correct. If you do this too often, people will start taking your forecast less seriously.

No one is calling for that at this point, as everyone is saying upper 40's to low 50's depending on the source which is very reasonable this far out, however; if it ends up being in the 40's with rain, who would have been closer in the public's eye? All people will remember is the mention of snow and ice from Van and will not focus so much on the actual temperature. If two of your competitors call for rain several days in advance, and you call for mixed precipitation, the average viewer will consider the rain call as correct. If you do this too often, people will start taking your forecast less seriously.

First of all Van never said it would he said a chance was there. As of yesterday morning both Chilton and Pope had 60 and 62 with sunshine. They changed last night. Whether it snows or not it don't take a rocket science to see that no model is showing 60 and wasn't on thursday or friday. The engineer for WXII is my wife's cousin and also goes to Church with me. He said this morning he didn't know what they are thinking. Playing it safe I can see but 60 and sunny? Come on

First of all Van never said it would he said a chance was there. As of yesterday morning both Chilton and Pope had 60 and 62 with sunshine. They changed last night. Whether it snows or not it don't take a rocket science to see that no model is showing 60 and wasn't on thursday or friday. The engineer for WXII is my wife's cousin and also goes to Church with me. He said this morning he didn't know what they are thinking. Playing it safe I can see but 60 and sunny? Come on

I was only trying to point out that a forecaster who is in the public eye should not put Winter precipitation in a forecast 10 days out, especially in the South. to me that is just irresponsible. As for Lanie and Eric's forecast, you must have been confused, yesterday it only went out to next Friday in which a forecast of high of 60 is reasonable. The sunny part may have been a little off however, but the chance for rain on Friday doesn't look high at this point. By talking about snow or ice next weekend Van has done nothing but get people excited about something that has about a 10% chance of actually verifying. And that is being generous.

Archived