joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Van Denton's Weather Discussion

iceman

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 Both are the best 2 tv mets in the area IMO (sorry/ can't get Mr East on Direct TV). I could call on the carpet other tv mets in the triad who have little to no substance in their forecast on a regular basis. But what point does it serve to sit around and waste time bashing someone you don't agree with. I think it's wise to give some credence to the fact there is not a forcaster/met alive today that hasn't been wrong on more than one occasion.

East told me last week he is on channel 45 at 630am now. he is right i've watched him all week

Thanks for the kind words! That is correct. News 14 Carolina on ABC 45 is up and running. 6:30am, 6pm, and 11pm.

LOL no boy here. Grown azz man. I have been watching Van for 2 decades and he sucks. Eric Chilton is the only reliable Met around here. Van called for a light dusting on the Jan. 2000 2 feet storm.

what met did nail the jan 2000 storm? i cant think of any. i remember very well at noon that very day most mets and the nws were calling for 2-4 inches at most. that was a storm no one saw coming. unfair to blame van for that one.

as for van's analogy to 1959-60, that seems a bit like wishcasting to me.

Van and Matthew East are the only local mets that mentioned snow possible on Sunday, I have watched them all this week to see what they say. Boy he is so bad as some say. You might want to follow all of them before commenting. Now the rest have added to their forecast. The funny thing is JB mentioned it on tuesday and hasn't said anything since

Van and Matthew East are the only local mets that mentioned snow possible on Sunday, I have watched them all this week to see what they say. Boy he is so bad as some say. You might want to follow all of them before commenting. Now the rest have added to their forecast. The funny thing is JB mentioned it on tuesday and hasn't said anything since

Van's the best meteorologist that comes on the Triads local channels imo. Not sure why everyone is bashing him, with really no basis. Is it because he's a weenie at heart? I thought we all were?

Chilton and Pope are pretty run of the mill to me, but I dont have negative things to say about them. Not sure why people feel the need to put down someone who they've probably never met.

Van's the best meteorologist that comes on the Triads local channels imo. Not sure why everyone is bashing him, with really no basis. Is it because he's a weenie at heart? I thought we all were?

Chilton and Pope are pretty run of the mill to me, but I dont have negative things to say about them. Not sure why people feel the need to put down someone who they've probably never met.

+1

i will say I talked to Robert yesterday and he told me what the high would be and he was dead on, last week when ll locals said 38 he told me 30 for Winston and guess what it was 30. He told me that on Saturday for Tuesday's temp with all the wind. On Monday the locals changed to 34 for Austin 33 for Van and 36 for Chilton. They all come short of Robert

So are we going to see some snow tonight?? :)

I highly doubt it, unless you stay up to see a passing flurry. According to everyone, it sounds like the air is too dry. A doubtful forecast, doesn't mean I don't still wish for it. Oh, I will be checking outside my windows periodically later tonight!

I highly doubt it, unless you stay up to see a passing flurry. According to everyone, it sounds like the air is too dry. A doubtful forecast, doesn't mean I don't still wish for it. Oh, I will be checking outside my windows periodically later tonight!

The last good snow I saw was in Mebane... even a dusting would nice.

I will too, though I think the odds are pretty long at this point. But at this point in this winter, long odds are maybe the best we can get.

I will too, though I think the odds are pretty long at this point. But at this point in this winter, long odds are maybe the best we can get.

I know, I debated on staying up late, but I hate to lose sleep over it and then nothing. This winter has come to this: a flurry = excitement! :snowwindow:

Archived