• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Herb Clarke

So sad to hear of Herb's passing. He was one of my idols growing up, and one of the reasons I decided to become a meteorologist at an early age. One of my greatest thrills in life was to do the weather on-air right next to him shortly after I arrived at NBC10. I was extra nervous because he was next to me, but it was such a thrill. He truly was a great performer and showed such warmth that you couldn't help but like him.

Glenn

Sorry to hear about Herb's passing. He's one of the people responsible for turning me into a weather nut.

Anybody else remember "super radar"?

A quick Herb memory; must have been late '80s/early '90s. We were having a typical winter storm; rain south and east, snow north and west. The station must have gotten a lot of IMBY calls about the storm. The next time Herb came on air to give the forecast, he said, "If you don't know where you live, buy a map, that's why they make them." Classic!

So sad to hear of Herb's passing. He was one of my idols growing up, and one of the reasons I decided to become a meteorologist at an early age. One of my greatest thrills in life was to do the weather on-air right next to him shortly after I arrived at NBC10. I was extra nervous because he was next to me, but it was such a thrill. He truly was a great performer and showed such warmth that you couldn't help but like him.

Glenn

When Herb said "Katy bar the doors" you knew we were getting a big snow. He was my childhood weather hero.

Archived