• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Unforgettable Fire minus the Bono

Mr Torchey

History is being made across New England, this is a place to record data, share information and records........I know that snowman21 will contribute he seems to have a nicety nak dont talk back for this kind of thing.

After an inferno Met Winter, December keeps chalking up the records............share info and have fun this will be interesting to look back on when the worm turns later this year or next.

History is being made across New England, this is a place to record data, share information and records........I know that snowman21 will contribute he seems to have a nicety nak dont talk back for this kind of thing.

After an inferno Met Winter, December keeps chalking up the records............share info and have fun this will be interesting to look back on when the worm turns later this year or next.

i guess your title was better than my torch one

Yawn. I skied today. It was 12 degrees overnight. It's Winter and you're a hypster.

Enjoy the rain this weekend, I will be just west of you 300' higher and its still rain, there is no snow in the berks west slope, east slope, or your little glen.........................awww

Yawn. I skied today. It was 12 degrees overnight. It's Winter and you're a hypster.

I can't tell if you're just busting bal$$. I typically shake my head at the winter cancel posts, but it's been virtually snowless across SNE since the October snow. We have a couple days of drizzle/showers to look forward to, then some seasonable temps. I'm surprised by the lack of toasters.

I can't tell if you're just busting bal$$. I typically shake my head at the winter cancel posts, but it's been virtually snowless across SNE since the October snow. We have a couple days of drizzle/showers to look forward to, then some seasonable temps. I'm surprised by the lack of toasters.

We have moved past denial and into acceptance...lol

Seriously, I think mid-month things get a little better

Well since Bono is in the thread title here are some lyrics from said album:

And you know it's time to go

Through the sleet and driving snow

Across the fields of mourning

Light in the distance

And you hunger for the time

Time to heal, desire, time

And your earth moves beneath

Your own dream landscape

The wind will crack in winter time

This bomb-blast lightning waltz

No spoken words, just a scream...

And your heart beats so slow

Through the rain and fallen snow

Light's in the distance

Oh don't sorrow, no don't weep

For tonight, at last

I am coming home

(Hopefully old man winter will be coming home to us soon...)

I bet this thread is on page 2 of the SNE forum by Monday, and Page 5 of the SNE forum by years end.

Share what info? its freaking above normal. Lets analyze that further. Hmmmmm... Still above normal. That was fun.

This will not be interesting to look back on this year or the next. It will be forgotten until americanwx.com goes down under and weenie from another board comes across this thread when he is searching for the 10/29 Thread.

You are a :weenie:

Well since Bono is in the thread title here are some lyrics from said album:

And you know it's time to go

Through the sleet and driving snow

Light in the distance

And you hunger for the time

Time to heal, desire, time

And your earth moves beneath

Your own dream landscape

The wind will crack in winter time

This bomb-blast lightning waltz

No spoken words, just a scream...

And your heart beats so slow

Through the rain and fallen snow

Light's in the distance

Oh don't sorrow, no don't weep

For tonight, at last

I am coming home

(Hopefully old man winter will be coming home to us soon...)

does not get much better

I bet this thread is on page 2 of the SNE forum by Monday, and Page 5 of the SNE forum by years end.

Share what info? its freaking above normal. Lets analyze that further. Hmmmmm... Still above normal. That was fun.

This will not be interesting to look back on this year or the next. It will be forgotten until americanwx.com goes down under and weenie from another board comes across this thread when he is searching for the 10/29 Thread.

Enjoy your rain tomorrow, maybe you can weenie out to a 348 hr gfs map later, it might show a snowstorm

I won't argue that it will be a lost thread or not, but as far as weather history, we're at least on the way to a warm snowless winter. I know there is some cold incoming, and I'm not close to calling for a winter cancel, but you have to admit, there is potential for an historic unwinter.

Enjoy your rain tomorrow, maybe you can weenie out to a 348 hr gfs map later, it might show a snowstorm

Sorry. I'm already over that this winter will be bad so that doesn't hurt me one bit. And I'm also not going to spend my time on a weather board on NYE like you probably will tomorrow night. I didn't even know its going to rain tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

Did you happen to read Phil's post today about your posting? it was spot on and its too bad it got deleted.

Oh and one more thing... The 00z 348h GFS actually looks good.

-------

NECT "

I won't argue that it will be a lost thread or not, but as far as weather history, we're at least on the way to a warm snowless winter. I know there is some cold incoming, and I'm not close to calling for a winter cancel, but you have to admit, there is potential for an historic unwinter."

I've had 20 inches so far, so its not snowless at all. If I had zero inches of snow then it would be snowless... Pretty easy logic there. And please don't say the october storm doesn't count. Cause it does.

-------

I don't even know why I'm replying to this wasted thread. Its probably because I'm hammered and I looked at the fast reply and it said "you can make 2 posts until 10:29 AM on December 31, 2011." Being 5ppd sucks and I hope none of you have to deal with that. Cause it sucks. Back to replying to this wasted thread. This thread will get so lost into the bowels of the internet in a few days that me typing right now is a waste of time.

Because we keep getting fairly cold between rain events, I don't perceive that December here has been a ridiculous torch. But it has been almost snowless. :( and of course above normal overall.

People down near the coast have just been ridiculously mild. Like yesterday I maxed at around 30 while it was already passing 50 down near Joe's place. This morning I'm 31 with FZRA..not pleasant of course.

Because we keep getting fairly cold between rain events, I don't perceive that December here has been a ridiculous torch. But it has been almost snowless. :( and of course above normal overall.

People down near the coast have just been ridiculously mild. Like yesterday I maxed at around 30 while it was already passing 50 down near Joe's place. This morning I'm 31 with FZRA..not pleasant of course.

ORH is at +6.5F for Dec.

Add more today... mild even at 1000' in the interior

How is the vacation going?

I doubt we are shutout for the next 3 months, but given that the first half to two thirds of Jan are probably going to be wasted, it won't be a good season

Been really good thanks. My youngest has faded as the week went on but she was a trooper early. Both are ready for NYE. Been a good experience, Cozumel was much nicer than I remember. Had a wonderful day there...the other stops....could give or take but the ship itself is ideal for 3-10 year olds.

the storm that drenched you was in Galveston when we were departing it was only 50. Been about 75-80 ever since, 75 this morning in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.

I now we won't get shutout for the next few months but to even pretend the last 30-45 days has been anything but brutal for 90%+ of us....please. Since I've left there seems to be a real mix of opinions with some now worrying about even February. Who knows? What I do know is being largely off the forum for 6 days it's easy to see that things are still in the elusive 10+ day window...

snowless winter. No way around it for the last two months unless you're dreaming.

Meh, Worked in falling snow several days this week. True not a prolific December with only 3.5" for the month but 'snowless' is incorrect. Happy New Year Scott! BTW, Skied again yesterday and it was awesome!!!

After seeing this and looking through the epic picture thread from last year, sad. last years snow depth as of today

Don't forget the torch we had NYE last year with temps and dews into the 50's which wiped out most of the snowpack..Then we had the back to back Norlun's the following weekend to kick of snowmageddon

Archived